New mom yet again! Need support!

Options
Hey all! I just had a baby this past Sunday and now I am very eager to get my pre-pregnancy body back ASAP! Now I am nursing so I have to be cautious about getting in enough fat and calories and still lose weight healthfully. I am hoping to get support here for this. I look forward to meeting everybody!

Replies

• NoSaint
    NoSaint Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey all! I just had a baby this past Sunday and now I am very eager to get my pre-pregnancy body back ASAP! Now I am nursing so I have to be cautious about getting in enough fat and calories and still lose weight healthfully. I am hoping to get support here for this. I look forward to meeting everybody!
  • tilly6277
    tilly6277 Posts: 202
    Options
    Congrads on your new bundle of joy! :flowerforyou:
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Wooooooooowwwww ... hold on just a sec........ you just had a baby... on sunday.. and worried about losing already.... dont... most drs dont encourage that until after 6 weeks..... and honey if you are nursing you will lose... i did.. when i stopped thats when i started to gain.. nursing contracts the utress which helps make you tummy flat... plus.. you might take a chance on losing nurtients for the baby.... PLEASE .. ASK YOU DR FIRST.... IM A MOM OF SIX...... I GAVE BIRTH TO SIX AND A STEP MOM OF 2 EQUALS EIGHT.... DONT RUSH.. IT.. IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!!
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    BUT IF YOU DO DECIDE TO DIET... NURSING MOMS ARE TO GET MORE CALORIES... MAKE SURE YOU EAT WHAT A NURSING MOM NEEDS
  • kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    I did the exact same thing after my second baby. I tried to eat about 500 to 700 calories more a day for the baby and I did really well. Good Luck!! I would just make sure that you are eating enough because at first I didn't and it made my baby really fussy.
  • SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    Options
    I saw a book the other day at the library, "Eat Well, Lose Weight, While Breastfeeding" by Eileen Behan. I can testify that it does not come off as easy after the 2nd kids as it did with the 1st. Anyways, checking something like that out might be a way to get some good healthy ideas on how to maximize the breast feeding weight loss. And you know you'll have all the support you need right here!! Good Luck!
    http://www.amazon.com/Well-Lose-Weight-While-Breastfeeding/dp/0679733558/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216932830&sr=1-1
  • dmor
    dmor Posts: 33
    Options
    Great news on the baby. Welcome aboard.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    From your picture you look great! I wish I had looked that good after my first one! I am working hard so when the next one comes I won't gain as much during the pregnancy. We are here to support and feel free to ask questions. I know there are a lot of breast feeding moms on here.
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I know how that goes. Three times of losing the pregnancy weight. You are nursing so that helps. Keep your meals small and have like 6 a day it will help with dropping the weight fast...

Alisha
  • mommab23
    mommab23 Posts: 6
    Options
    Congrats! I too just had my third about 3 1/2 weeks ago and am anxious to get this weight off. I'm also nursing and the first twenty pretty much fell off, but I think that was mostly water. Now the next twenty will probably give me a bit of a tougher time. The only thing that works for me is exercise. I could starve for weeks and not lose a pound. Which just makes for a very unhappy momma :smile: I am finding it hard to find the time and energy to get moving. No one is on the same nap schedule, so I am in a bit of a rut. A little more pressure to add is that my little brother is getting married next weekend and I am a bridesmaid. The dress is being let out a little so that I can be comfortable. Thank goodness it zips!

How many calories are you shooting for? I know that we are supposed to be eating more for the bambinas, but I don't know if I am getting enough. If you are planning on exercising, will you increase your caloric goals?

Welcome and Good luck to you and your growing family!