Listen to my body?

Options
Just wanting a few opinions. I am 21 and a mom of two. I have used MFP since the begining of this year and lost around 25 to 30 lbs. I am now at my perfect weight 145 and I am 5'8". Being overweight runs in my family so I constantly worry about my weight and the way I look. Should I try to loose more or stay where I am at? And when I have cravings, do I listen to my body or do everything I can to avoid them?

Replies

• kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    Just wanting a few opinions. I am 21 and a mom of two. I have used MFP since the begining of this year and lost around 25 to 30 lbs. I am now at my perfect weight 145 and I am 5'8". Being overweight runs in my family so I constantly worry about my weight and the way I look. Should I try to loose more or stay where I am at? And when I have cravings, do I listen to my body or do everything I can to avoid them?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    If you're craving 3 boxes of ding dongs then I'd save avoid them. If a craving can be satisfied with a smaller portion or something you can easily work off then I'd say indulge a little.

Big help, huh? :laugh:
  • kris2600
    Options
    :laugh: Ha
    Really my problem is that I get hungry around 3 or 4 and then my husband comes home around 5 and wants dinner, which I end up eating. So when I get hungry do I eat or wait. I know that it is better to eat 6 small meals but how small? And I don't always crave sweets. Its more like everything!:blushing:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

You said you are at your 'perfect weight'
    Is this statement based on how you feel physically, your goal...what the website says you should weigh?

I think your ideal weight should be a place where you feel comfortable and confident and can easily maintain w/ out feeling too deprived...

I don't avoid any foods all together
    I still have ice-cream, chocolate...just in moderation
    This works fro some and for others they need to avoid problem foods that could cause a binge
    Again, I think u just need to figure out what works best for you...

Good luck and great job!
    Kim
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options
    Try eating a piece of fruit or something small when you get hungry if you know you are going to eat dinner and hour or two later...
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Hi

Is this statement based on how you feel physically, your goal...what the website says you should weigh?

I think your ideal weight should be a place where you feel comfortable and confident and can easily maintain w/ out feeling too deprived...

This works fro some and for others they need to avoid problem foods that could cause a binge

Good luck and great job!
    Kim

Totally agree. You've got to find your own comfortable place and weight for you individually.
  • richardwelch
    Options
    i would research nutrition or talk to a nutritionist. there are diet adjustments you can make to keep you feeling full longer, that are actually healthy. I speak specifically of adjusting your carbs and protiens, but I'm no expert.

Also, there are different types of protiens. Some of them metabolize faster and you will feel hungry sooner than others.

hope this helps
  • kris2600
    Options
    Hi

Good luck and great job!
    Kim

My current weight is what my doctor said I needed to be at. I feel good and more confident than I have in a long time and definetly not deprived but I constantly worry...
    I still have a small baby belly and that is the only thing I would change
  • Nana27
    Nana27 Posts: 77
    Options
    Try a small salad with fat free dressing. Not many calories and should help fill you up.

74015.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I hear ya about the baby belly and unfortunately only time, plastic surgery or tons of tummy crunches may fix that....loosing more weight might not do the trick...
    I'm at my ideal weight and I have a 3/4 yr old (18mnths apart) and still have a belly bulge/rolls....I'm bummed, but what can you do!

Kim