Nikes, asics, or mizuno running shoes?

Options
I'm a runner and I currently run in nikes. I feel though they don't give me much support and honestly I did buy them for their looks! I mean they're bright orange and super cute! Anyways I bought another similar pair for $120 but I'm considering sending them back to buy asics! I'm going to go get fitted this weekend because I nearly have wide feet! So are asics comfortable? I get bad shin splints and ankle pain so which shoes would most likely slightly prevent this? Thanks everyone :)

Replies

• coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I use Asics Kayanos and for me they have been the best shoes I've ever used (Kayanos help pronators)
  • kiwitechgirl
    kiwitechgirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Go get fitted, there's really no other answer! I run in a pair of Brooks and they work brilliantly for me but could be awful for you...a fitting is the only way to know what is the right shoe.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Go get fitted, there's really no other answer! I run in a pair of Brooks and they work brilliantly for me but could be awful for you...a fitting is the only way to know what is the right shoe.

^that (except I run in a pair of Saucony's). get fitted at a specialty running store.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Asics!!!!!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I have worn Asics for about 15 years. Obviously not the same ones :) get a new pair every 6-9 months depending how much I have worn them. Love Asics. Have tried on other brands but they feel weird.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I use Asics Kayanos and for me they have been the best shoes I've ever used (Kayanos help pronators)

Asics Kayanos FTW!!! I have the 19s now and just added the 20s to my Christmas List :)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Find out what type of gait you have (neutral, pronate, supinate). THEN, try on models from different brands for your type of gait. Start with which feel best and see how they do.

Proper shoes will assist in preventing shin splints and other common problems.
  • keef1972
    keef1972 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Nike - always!!