How do you tell....

Options
Bucky83
Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
when a guy likes you more than just friends?

I'm 30 and have never had a relationship. I've dated, but just never had an opportunity to move the dating into relationship status.

I would have no clue on how to work out if a guy likes me more than friendzone.

So, how do you know? How can you tell when a guy likes you more than friends?

Replies

• KateGifford
    KateGifford Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I'm blonde, so I never figure it out either until it's too late..
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    If he likes you, he'll make a move. Promise.
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I have never had that issue. And I say unfortunately because its not happened friend or not. Just don't get overly attached to someone thinking one thing, cause if not, you'll feel bad.
  • Kowee84
    Kowee84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    haha im the type who takes what i want.. asking questions will only get me cranky lol... i make myself clear of what i wanna get out of something, i let em know its not to be rushed... but at the end of it ill be there waiting
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    mine have always seemed to go fast into the relationship status, and I'm usually the surprised one. I'm not much help all I can say is it happens.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

Yep, that's been my experience too.

Guys who were friends who wanted to date me asked me out on dates. I know this isn't universal, but when guys are interested in woman, they make it obvious. I didn't have to guess. The men I've dated weren't super aggressive or players either. They just were upfront. It would harder to tell with a shy guy though.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    My older self would tell my younger self to just ask (assuming you are interested). What is the worst that can happen?
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    If he does something kind of flirty, you can cutely ask "do you do X for all your friends?" That may give him the chance he needs to fess up.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

That's not true - I know from experience

Ok.... Except for this guy.
  • 25point4
    Options
    Hey op. I hope this helps. Try to not think in terms of friendzone or relationship status. Just go with the flow and trust your intuition, it's gotten you this far. If there is a guy you might have your eye on currently, make a move on him, thus putting all the pressure on him and giving you the automatic upper hand. If he calls/texts/activaly wants to see you, all positive indicators of interest. Making a move in detail: invite him out to dinner, plan an activity you enjoy and share that with him. Just make sure the attraction is mutual and have fun. Open up, show him your a nice person, and if he's a real man he'll appreciate it and reciprocate the trust. Above all else take care of yourself. Work out, go to the gym, live a healthier lifestyle, better yourself, and you'll see you're confidence sky rocket. You'll have guys trying to date you left and right.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    When they try to kiss me, that's usually a good sign they like me. :laugh:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    When you ask them and they tell you. Unless they're into mind games.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    NVM,
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    In my case if I had to ask myself "does he like me, like me?" then he did. If i were you i wouldn't worry about if the other person is interested, if you are attracted to someone then just tell them, let them know. Better to find out if the person likes you than to keep wondering.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options

That's not true - I know from experience

I gotta say that I don't know if I'd give off any particular signals if I thought I was more than "just friends" with a woman. I just continue to be me. (What you see is what you get. If you like it, speak up.)

As a result, I'm more or less in this camp. It's especially true that, while it is still entirely possible "he'll make a move", it isn't as much of a given the older you get. The older I get, the more complex life is, and, between work, my health, my continuing education, keeping my house in order, etc., there's more on my mind than just girls. So the guy you're talking about may simply be distracted. If he's got a boss or job demanding his attention and focus, he may not be thinking much about female friends who might be interested in his attention.

What *would* get me to make a move? 1) Having a female friend (you've got that covered). 2) Knowing she's on the market, so to speak. 3) Having some common interest, especially one that separates her from the crowd and lends itself to being something just the two of us can pursue. (She could be a great friend, but if there's not something personal in common besides hanging out in the same social group, there isn't much to inspire me.)

All that being said, if he doesn't make a move and you really want some way to test things with your own initiative, try asking him to do something outside your current norm. It doesn't have to be a "date" type thing- just something to see if he's willing to deviate from his schedule.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Ive had the opposite problem, guys always make a move but I cant tell who wants me for more than just sex
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Ive had the opposite problem, guys always make a move but I cant tell who wants me for more than just sex
    I get that too.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    Well, if guys went on dates with you, don't you think they liked you at least a little bit?
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    If you have a group of the same friends, and he asks you to do things, just the two of you, that is probable a date. If you are unsure, ask if any of your other friends will be going with you. If he says no, good indication it is a date. His train of thought is, if he gets shot down, he does not want his (and your) friends there to see it. He seems to be sort of flirty, flirty back a little.

If you are sitting at a table, hold on to his forearm when you are speaking to him. Body contact is a good indication of interest without jumping accross the table.

JMO