shopping horror...

Options
So yesterday, I went shopping! Ugh... It was horrible. Looking at yourself in a 3 way mirror did not do my self esteem any good but what makes it even worse is when nothing fits. I literly left in tears. After trying on, what seemed like a million things, I finally gave up in a heap clothes in the changing room. I am never going shopping again. I'll just start wearing a brown paper bag.:frown:

Replies

• iluvmy2kids2
    Options
    So yesterday, I went shopping! Ugh... It was horrible. Looking at yourself in a 3 way mirror did not do my self esteem any good but what makes it even worse is when nothing fits. I literly left in tears. After trying on, what seemed like a million things, I finally gave up in a heap clothes in the changing room. I am never going shopping again. I'll just start wearing a brown paper bag.:frown:
  • aprilsmith1979
    Options
    I think that is most of our nightmares!! It will be ok.. Next time try getting all dolled up like your going out.. or after your hair appointment that usually works best for me. Sometimes it's just my mood.. one day I will find nothing and the next I day I don' t have enough money for all the stuff I find?? Keep your head up!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    DON'T give up! I used to feel exactly the same way! But, NOW, only 3 months after joining, I LOVE clothes shopping!
    I'm even retraining myself that I CAN look in all the mirrors and store windows that I come across,!Before, I would always avert my eyes!
    I'm sure you'll feel the same way, as long as you stay determined!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I started going with a friend who loves me. we have such a distorted view of what we actuall look like, we need someone to tell us we look good. ( or STEP AWAY FROM THAT SHIRT!!!)
  • ambee0803
    ambee0803 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    What I do is reward myself with a new outfit for every 10 pounds i loose. If you're on a diet and only lost two pounds so far you should save that moeny to buy more as you get into smaller sized and it always feels great to fit into a smaller size.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    don't get upset hey I swear they screw with the mirrors in the dressing rooms to show every imperfection LOL

Stay on track and soon shopping will be fun!