Need to lose 4lbs by 24th Jan

Options
Hi Everyone

I hope you can help me, I have managed to lose 10lbs since January this year taking me from 136lbs to 126lbs (I am 5'2") however I tried on a dress yesterday I am wearing to a black tie party in January and even though it looks amazing I can see some lumps and bumps as the dress is extremely figure hugging.

I think I need to lose another 4lbs to make the dress look perfect however I seemed to have plateaued and with Christmas coming up it gets a little hard.

Can anyone give me any tips to help me?

Replies

• kiwitechgirl
    kiwitechgirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Spanx? 4lb in a month is a big ask, particularly when you're so close to goal.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Just losing 4lbs might not get rid of the lumps and bumps anyway.

Do you do any strength training? I started a programme about 2 months ago and although I didn't lose much weight my clothes fitted me much better after only a few weeks. If I were you I'd look into doing that.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do you do any strength training? I started a programme about 2 months ago and although I didn't lose much weight my clothes fitted me much better after only a few weeks. If I were you I'd look into doing that.

this!

you just need ot lower your bodyfat a bit to get rid of the lumps and bumps, dont worry about scale weight.
  • charlizetiu
    Options
    do not concentrate on weight loss. Do more strength training to cut off those lumps and bumps. too much cardio training and dieting can cause those lumps and bumps and saggy skin, so its better to do weight lifting and strength training, a simple 45 minute work out everyday will do. As for the foods, just don't overeat and you'll be fine. Do some abs work out for the stomach, squat for the legs, etc...
  • tessiebear40
    tessiebear40 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When I was at your stage, I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and it toned away all the bumps for me :) You can watch it from Youtube so it won't cost anything except 20 mins a day. I skipped the weekends by the way. Best of luck
  • kayleigh_jane88
    Options
    thanks for the tips guys! I know you cant shift weight from particular spots however my lumps and bumps are round the hip area... does anyone have any tips for strength training to help the muffin top area?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Try the 30 day shred. I don't do it, but that's because I am a dancer by hobby (or was before I had kids and I still love it) and I have reverted to dance class exercises for toning and core strength. The dance exercises correlate closely with what my physical therapists have recommended for knee, hip, and back injuries as well as being what I know and can do 5 minutes at a time, just about anywhere. Good luck and if you still look "lumpy" to yourself, get the spanx. Self-confidence is worth it.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tips guys! I know you cant shift weight from particular spots however my lumps and bumps are round the hip area... does anyone have any tips for strength training to help the muffin top area?
    Sorry no such luck as far as spot reducing (doesn't work like that) but this link will help no doubt...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

As far as lifting a little info on this link but try Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe, The New Rules of Lifting for Women etc

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Lifts