Alt - awesome vegetarian alternative to the BLT

Options
modernfemme
modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
Just started making Alts - avocado, lettuce, tomato, and cucumber. So delicious!! I thought I'd share this recipe with you guys, especially the vegetarians who want an alternative to the BLT.

http://recipes.health.com/recipes/10000001063327-alt-avocado-lettuce-and-tomato-sandwiches

Enjoy!

Replies

• mindymoe1
    Options
    thank you thank you thank you
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Sounds very tasty! Have you seen the tempeh "bacon" that Whole Foods and other such places has? I wonder how that would be in a sandwich like this. I'm definitely a fan of Lightlife Smart Bacon...20 calories and 2g protein per slice.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    At my old job I use to eat a similar sandwhich but the avacado would be in a spread and we'd top it off (in place of the meat) with Brussel sprouts!! SO Yummy!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    oooh! Why didn't I think of this?! I have a nice lonely avocado in my fridge who is looking to find meaning in its life. Found it!
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Sounds very tasty! Have you seen the tempeh "bacon" that Whole Foods and other such places has? I wonder how that would be in a sandwich like this. I'm definitely a fan of Lightlife Smart Bacon...20 calories and 2g protein per slice.

mmmm. morningstar, etc, has some amazing fake meats. I love the bbq riblets. I used to eat veggie burgers all the time but then I discovered that duh, it's all super processed so I try to eat it as sparingly as possible. They are so satisfying though!!
  • newday75
    Options
    I make myself a regular BLT....Only difference is I use veggie bacon ( which I looove!!!!) try it if you haven't already!