Dolvett's 3-1-2-1 Diet

Options
Has anyone bought the new 3-1-2-1 diet book from Dolvett, one of the trainers on the Biggest Loser? I have been reading through it and have been impressed by what he has had to say. I plan on starting it after Christmas. If anyone would like to join me we could create a great support group! It is easy to maintain because the recipes use normal food you would have in your cupboard. It isn't some crazy foods like most diets have. Let me know if you are starting it of if you are already doing it. I would love any tips!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It's still just calorie counting, pretty much using the 5:2 method. He's just making some bucks off his Biggest Loser fame.
  • maryamhull
    Options
    I bought the book also and I really like it. It may be similar to other plans but it is a plan that makes sense to me and it's easy to follow. Also, I'm amazed by his life story and how he's overcome adversity. His history in the fitness industry is impressive and it's neat to know how he got to be a famous trainer. Anyways, hope you enjoy the diet when you start :smile:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    What do you do if somebody wants to take you out for lunch/dinner?
  • lindathome
    lindathome Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's still just calorie counting, pretty much using the 5:2 method. He's just making some bucks off his Biggest Loser fame.

That's one way of looking at it - BUT - the key is he's a good motivator, down-to-earth in the book - and makes it appealing. Don't knock the duded for living the American Dream.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    LMAO

"That’s what the “3-1-2-1” is – three days of superclean eating, one day of “cheating,” another two days on the clean bandwagon and one more day of indulging.

“The 3-1-2-1 Diet works by manipulating your body’s natural tendency to slow its metabolic rate in response to severe calorie restriction,” Quince writes in the book. “It takes a new approach to getting lean, one scientifically based on changing up food and calories to tap into your body’s potential to burn fat.”

Quince writes that by mixing up the calorie level within the course of a week, you’ll avoid plateaus. But you won’t have to worry too much about counting calories on Dolvett’s plan – instead you’ll plan your meals by mixing the correct combination of protein, fiber and carbs. You get to eat every two to three hours to keep your metabolism humming along, which comes out to three main meals and two snacks. Men get a couple more snacks."
  • lindathome
    lindathome Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've had the book for a couple of weeks, and my husband and I started yesterday. So far very easy to work with, and already seeing results (although that's probably a lot of just 'cleansing' effect of clean eating in general). If you start a group, shoot me an invite. By the way - I did his 48 minute workout (found in the book) today - pretty sure he's trying to kill me! LOL
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    1081.gif

Good luck!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    LMAO

"That’s what the “3-1-2-1” is – three days of superclean eating, one day of “cheating,” another two days on the clean bandwagon and one more day of indulging.

“The 3-1-2-1 Diet works by manipulating your body’s natural tendency to slow its metabolic rate in response to severe calorie restriction,” Quince writes in the book. “It takes a new approach to getting lean, one scientifically based on changing up food and calories to tap into your body’s potential to burn fat.”

Quince writes that by mixing up the calorie level within the course of a week, you’ll avoid plateaus. But you won’t have to worry too much about counting calories on Dolvett’s plan – instead you’ll plan your meals by mixing the correct combination of protein, fiber and carbs. You get to eat every two to three hours to keep your metabolism humming along, which comes out to three main meals and two snacks. Men get a couple more snacks."
    I just filled up my diet myth bingo card...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    LMAO

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OP, maybe try giving these links a read. Lots of great info and tips.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://body-improvements.com/2013/05/24/undiet-your-diet/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1122891-9-reasons-fat-loss-is-always-slower-than-you-d-like

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1105036-article-on-flexible-dieting-by-armi-legge?page=1#posts-17068746

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/the-myth-of-good-and-bad-foods-by-eric-helms-588801
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    LMAO

Ooo where can I get a bingo card?!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'll only buy it if there's a different shirtless picture of him on every page..

EVERY. PAGE!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    LMAO

Ooo where can I get a bingo card?!

There are a few versions. Here's two (searching for the others)

BINGO.jpg

BINGO2a.jpg