At what TDEE are you maintaining?

Options

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I am 40 years old, 5'5", 177 and my TDEE is about 2700 on average. My body fat % is around 30 so while I am well over my healthy BMI at 29, I am basically getting right there on the bodyfat side of things (lots of lean mass). I don't want to get to my healthy BMI based on body fat calculations if I can keep my muscle. I can have some lower days, like my rest day. MFP has me set at 2130 to maintain and then of course I would eat back my exercise calories. I have myself set at 2160 and not counting exercise calories to lose about a pound a week--not eating back exercise calories.

I usually do yoga for an hour 2-3 times per week, swim 3x per week, lift heavy 2x per week, run 3 miles 1-2 times per week and do Crossfit 3x per week.
  • psyquart
    Options
    My calculated TDEE is around 2100 (female, 18 years old, 5'9'' and currently 147 pounds, HIIT workouts 30 minutes 3 times a week, swimming for an hour once a week, + sometimes some yoga), but I gain weight on that and can actually maintain in the 1600-1800 range. I guess I'm a bad example though, I went through a lot of disordered eating habits so that's probably messed up my metabolism somewhat.
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Mine is about 1850. I have MFP set to 1750 (it would set less for me so I input my own) and eat back exercise cals. I'm more or less stable this way.

Female 42, 5'8" 140lb, exercise 1-3 x weekly
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    1450 NET (I usually eat a few hundred more). I'm 54 and 5'10, weighing 150. I'm not hungry so I'm just going with it.
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    About 2400 with daily exercise. I am 5'9" and 160#.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to see what my TDEE would be. There are so many calculators online.

Could someone recommend a good calculator that I could use to provide me a ballpark figure?
  • jardin12
    jardin12 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 48, 5'6", 135, menopausal, female.
    I average eating about 2000 calories a day (not net). I ride or walk to work, and run 5k every other day (and walk an hour the alternating days) and do Pilates every other day (and have always worked out). I burn probably 500 from "work outs" every day.
    sounds like me...are you losing weight on this? me - none!
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    When I put in my numbers (5'9", 140 lbs) my TDEE is somewhere between 1900-2000. I would say that's in general because I just select "light exercise" even though I am constantly moving at work for 7/8 hours. And I do try to walk a few times/week. But sometimes I'll go hiking for like five hours. Sooo yeah.

That's currently where I'm trying to eat on maintenance mode. We'll see how it goes.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I'm about 6ft, at about 230lbs, and I find that I maintain on about 3100 calories a day. I also am at the gym 6 days a week and run around with my daughter every free second as I like to stay pretty active.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to see what my TDEE would be. There are so many calculators online.

Could someone recommend a good calculator that I could use to provide me a ballpark figure?

IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) has an excellent calculator. However, the accuracy is only as good as the accuracy of the information you enter.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.75", 135 lbs, 30 years old, female
    I go to the gym 3-4 days per week and usually work out at home a day or 2 per week 2
    I maintain at around 2000 calories. I averaged 2100 in November but gained a bit :wink:
  • laurelboynton
    laurelboynton Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Heyyy!

My TDEE is 1620.

I am 5'7.5 and weigh 111 pounds. I am trying to maintain and turn some body fat into muscle so actually am expecting to gain a few pounds. I exercise pretty much everyday focusing on circuit training, pilates and light weights.

I'd like advice on my TDEE too. Not sure whether I need to be eating more or less or just focus on WHAT im eating now in terms of macros!

Laurel. x
  • Arabian45
    Options
    Sorry, I'm a newbie on the site. :-) Haven't done a lot of internet social stuff, so I'm not sure where to start. What's this TDEE thing you are all talking about? Is it your "total daily exercise expenditure" or something like that? How do I calculate mine?
    Thanks!
  • The best thing you can do in my opinion is look at your averages. You will get more data back from averages then any calculators that use BMR/TDEE..
    Your averages will calculate in your even your logging habits for example. I use a different site to track.

BMR+ TDEE is a good starting point but not the easiest way to figure out what most of us want to know:
    How much can I eat of the foods I am eating and the exercise I am doing and lose weight, stay the same or gain weight.
    Because we all have different diets, bodies and exercises you will get wide ranges of TDEE.
    When you look at your averages you will get data specific to you.
  • nikamar
    nikamar Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    5'5.5", 124 lbs, 30 yrs old- TDEE is around 2000 calories (lifting, kettlebells, running)

For me this calculator was reasonably precise both for maintenance and deficit (+/- 50 calories):

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I have been maintaining for a month now, that's the only way to know for sure what your real maintenance intake should be.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    165 cm 67 kgs (5' 5" 147 lbs), sedentary, around 1750 kcals (that Scooby calculator is the only one who says 1900 though).
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    5' 11", 170 lbs. 43 years old. TDEE is ~2700. I currently have my calories set at 2750 and seem to be pretty stable.

I aim to work out 5x a week, but average more like 4 due to my work and travel schedule of late.

ETA: The Scoobysworkshop calculator puts me at right about 2700 to maintain. MFP puts me at around 2200, and with my estimated burn of about 500 - 600 calories per workout adding my exercise to that number also puts me right about 2700, so I am pretty confident that it is a good number.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Female
    36 years
    Hight: 5'7"
    Weight 160
    Maintaining at 2600-2700 with lifting heavy 3-4 times a week and no or very little cardio
    If I do more cardio I am maintaining at around 2800-2900
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Female
    41 yo
    5'0", 100lbs
    I do NROLFW 3 days/week, run 20-25 miles/ week and also do yoga 1-2 times/ week. I consider myself to be very active, with a moderately active job and fairly active lifestyle aside from scheduled exercise. I have been maintaining at 1900 calories.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    39 y.o. @ 185 Lbs and I maintain around 2700 - 2800 calories...sometimes even more and sometimes less. What you will ultimately find is that you'll have a range of calories that you hit to maintain, not one singular and exact number. The human body is actually very good at maintaining...it wants to maintain. It takes consistent and chronic under-eating and over-eating to over-ride that ability.