hunger

Options
Help.... I have started feeling very hungry even shortly after a meal. My workouts have been fairly consistent the last few weeks and now I am afraid I'm going to sabbotage my efforts with this ongoing hunger. I try to drink 8 waters a day. My eating is fairly healthy for me. I eat 3 meals a day with 1-2 snacks. I am putting back some of my burned cals but I workout at night. How do you compensate when cals are burned late? Any suggestions to stop this hunger????

Replies

• superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Eat more. Listen to your body. Log your exercise at the beginning of the day so you have an accurate idea of how many calories you need to consume.

Charmagne
  • skyski_tige
    skyski_tige Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This might help... When I start getting hungry(if water does not help), I have a scoop of protien mixed with some milk. That seems to get me to the next meal.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Your body will tell you what it needs, when you start to exercise those muscles it DOES make you more hungry. Try to go for more fulfilling items and lots of fibre with each meal/snack.
  • kaslack
    Options
    Some things that I eat to help with hunger (that aren't too bad...) are Greek yogurt (14g protein per serving!!) and oatmeal (with a little bit of milk and honey...). They tend to be a bit more "stick to the ribs"- type foods. Also, fresh fruit and veggies can help curb appetite and allow you to put something healthy in your body.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    What are you snacking on? If you are working out regularly who need to make sure you snacks and meals include enough protein, and fibre, these help restore your muscles and keep you fuller for longer. Also good fats (think salmon, avacados, nuts etc) are really good for keeping you full - plus great for your hair, skin and toning :)
  • lynzyn
    lynzyn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Eat More protein....More snacks like 3-4 snacks in between meals. Like nuts or peanut butter and crackers.....Ect...The same thing was happening to me...I ate more snacks which included more protein and i am ok now....Good luck
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Eat your exercise calories. And eat them with healthy foods!
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Eat More protein....More snacks like 3-4 snacks in between meals. Like nuts or peanut butter and crackers.....Ect...The same thing was happening to me...I ate more snacks which included more protein and i am ok now....Good luck

I agree . . . try Greek yogurt with fresh fruit added or even lowfat cottage cheese/string cheese
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Personally, I found I just had to fight through the hunger pains. It was the only way I was going to lose weight.

Now, I am probably a lot older than you so my metabolism is slowed down, but that's what worked for me. Now, a couple months later, it doesn't hurt so much anymore.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

I agree . . . try Greek yogurt with fresh fruit added or even lowfat cottage cheese/string cheese

I agree but watch the sodium in cottage cheese ( I learned the hard way. I loved having cottage cheese for lunch then discovered the sodium) :cry:
  • gochickgo
    Options
    thanks for the tips. Its hard to tell yourself to eat more when your trying to lose wt.....