350 days, 60 pounds lost, with pictures

Options
Pictures Below:

Started using MFP after Christmas last year, I had been feeling the holiday pounds and felt terrible....so I wanted a change...for good. I started looking online for a way to track what I eat (had tried a hard copy journal before and didnt keep up with it) and wanted something digital, to keep me reliable. I found MFP and saw the success stories, and thought "what could it hurt?" BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE!!!! I started the very next day, i was so impressed with the database, it had everything. I quickly learned how many calories I was intaking on most days, and it was well over what I shouldve been eating, just to maintain..I was on a fast track to hitting 200 pounds (I started at 193). I quickly changed my eating habits, cut out all of the things i knew i wouldnt be able to control myself with, and as i learned more about better eating habits, i added them back in. Now, i do not deprive myself of anything I want to eat, i just portion it out smaller and very much enjoy it. :)

At the beginning, Dec 2012, I was 193 pounds, with a BMI of 30.2 (right over the obese range), a size 12/14 pants, a L/XL shirt, and 38D bra. I would get a larger size pants, and blame it on the material or say that the factories measured small frames, and convince myself it was okay, because i was a large frame.

Now, I am 132.8 pounds, BMI of 20.8 (lower end of the healthy range), a size 0/2 pants, S/XS shirt, and a 34D bra. I honestly did not anticipate to get as small a I did, but I am still very healthy and very active.

I began doing spin class and Circuit training with a co-worker on base, since I am a govt contract worker, i have access to the gyms and classes they offer. I enjoy working out...and have to say, i hated running as a kid, but now, i am ready for it, the feeling i get, i know i am doing well for myself. I am actually looking to run 5K in April with a friend, who is using MFP as well.

I think the best part about all of this, is not the weight loss, but the fact that i got healthy and inspired others to do the same...family and friends, even if not using MFP, have become more aware of their habits and are making changes...makes me feel good to know. :)

14974c73-415f-4533-8bd2-a7d90365581d_zps54df9636.jpg

33354125.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    OMG!! You looks simply amazing and soooo tiny. Congratulations on your loss you have done an amazing amount of work! :drinker:
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job and a true inspiration! Congrats! You earned it!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    wow!!!! awesome transformation!!!!! well done!!
  • hockeymom95
    hockeymom95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Super! Great work!
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    That's some awesome progress you have made! Great work!!
  • samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    you look great! Well done
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job!
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!! Truly an inspiration!!
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress, you look great and I am so happy that you are feeling healthy and happy! Thank you for sharing!
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    amazing, you look much younger. Great job !
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Wow... that's amazing. Hoping a year from now I have a story and picture like this one to share. Thanks for sharing with us - very inspiring!
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    great job!!!
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!! You look amazing!!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Wow. What an amazing transformation! You have such a teeny tiny waist now. Congrats on your success!
  • craftykat12
    craftykat12 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Holy teeny peanut! You look amazing. Love love love your transformation story. Keep up the good work and keep loving fitness!
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look great.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is amazing!!
  • alligetslimer
    alligetslimer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing and a true inspiration, it has given me hope.

I started seriously on this app 2 weeks ago and do love the range of products and scanning available, 6lbs lighter andother 36 to go.
  • CatGirl898
    CatGirl898 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a job well done! I've just started my own journey and your story is so inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!