If this woman can do it....what's your excuse

Options
http://fox8.com/2013/12/09/paraplegic-loses-275-pounds/

This is the most amazing story. Just thought I'd share

Replies

• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    seriously? I'm the only one who thinks this woman rocks? oh well!!!
  • blc1971
    blc1971 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    No, I think so too!! LOL!! I saw that article yesterday and it was really inspiring. Thank you for sharing and thank you for being an inspiration too! 214 lbs lost is nothing to sneeze at!! Just wow!! Keep rocking it!!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    This is amazing!!!! She is so inspirational, and her attitude rocks!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Wow... good for her. It just goes to show you... if you're willing to stick with it... and allow the weight loss over time... you'll get there. I think the main reason so many people fail (myself included in past attempts to lose weight) is because they become easily frustrated when they don't see immediate results... and give up. This is an "I want it now" society. If we stop expecting everything right now and stick with it... eventually... everyone will see the results they desire.

Great article... thanks for sharing
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Good for her!
  • tmauck4472
    Options
    No, I think so too!! LOL!! I saw that article yesterday and it was really inspiring. Thank you for sharing and thank you for being an inspiration too! 214 lbs lost is nothing to sneeze at!! Just wow!! Keep rocking it!!

• fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    tHAT IS AN INCREDIBLE STORY!!! Thanks for sharing
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    She lost over 200 pounds. She's paraplegic. Great transformation! Goes to show that with the right mentality and realistic goals, anyone can do it.
  • lizfiz50
    lizfiz50 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    She pretty much proves that everyone else who is able-bodied are just making excuses. I know people work, go to school, have kids, but it's called adaptation. You don't go out of your way to lose weight... not all the time... but even small changes go a long way.
  • HeidiSmith419
    HeidiSmith419 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Incredible! She SWIMS two miles a DAY! And at 265lbs!
  • atibrat
    atibrat Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

This story and this woman are amazing but do not sell yourself short here. What you have accomplished is
    very amazing and it could not have been easy. I am trying to lose weight with an autoimmune disease and a herniated
    disc in my neck and it is hard but I will not give up and this story will help me keep going. Thank you for sharing it.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    :) makes me know I CAN do this!! I mean if she can power through not being able to use her legs like I can ( even with my injured leg). Than puts Faith back in myself. Also shows how she is truly AMAZEBALLS!!
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    so wow I have been told that I am inspiring but wow!!
  • tmauck4472
    Options
    so wow I have been told that I am inspiring but wow!!

I know, I have too and I don't feel it. I feel like an everyday person who just finally took control. But this is amazing, she is amazing.