christmas cookies at work :(

Options

Replies

• feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    1) Do they taste good enough to make it worthwhile? I echo what someone else said about cardboard store-bought cookies not being worth the calories. I've realized after the last few birthday parties I've been to that the cake just isn't worth it (unless my MIL is making it, then it's worth starving a week for lol)

2) Do you want to look and feel nice for those Christmas photos, will that cookie be worth it?

3) Are you going to bundle up (depending on your weather) and go for a walk during your lunch break to combat the calories?
  • ffargynnig
    ffargynnig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, Will definitely try those out! Glad to have this forum. This time of year is always so hard!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    eat one and be done!
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    We have free gingerbread cookies everywhere right now. Sometimes I eat one or two. I figure it's fine as long as I don't eat more than that.
  • blukttn66
    blukttn66 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's not what you eat from november to december, it's what you eat from december to november. Enjoy the holidays...

THIS is wonderful advice! :)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    My boss is a fantastic baker and every Christmas she brings in a huge platter of homemade treats. I'll have one or two (fit it into my day) and move on. It's Christmas, you have to enjoy some treats once in a while.
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Stay out of the room with the cookies? Out of sight out of mind?
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    It's not what you eat from november to december, it's what you eat from december to november. Enjoy the holidays...

Excellent! :flowerforyou:
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

Love this^^^^
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That happens at my work all the time. Snacks and sweets are out all the time. I find that if I tell myself I can have one or have a little, it's all downhill from there. These are triggers for me.

So I just don't have them.

It sucks to be the only one to NOT have cake because someone celebrates something, but I am that person. Or when they bring in breakfast, I don't eat it - I just tell people I don't eat breakfast (which I don't as a matter of fact). It's almost always carbs with a side of carbs. Ugh.

I have decided that I'd rather put up with people looking all wounded and thinking I'm weird than going downhill on my healthy path. For me, I can't just have one or one bite. And I don't trick myself or compensate. It's pure will power. I just say no.
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options

love it!
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Love this so very true :)
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    just had a holiday cookie exchange at work, so i decided to make it into a 2 day cookie cleanse (i cheated but only because someone made fudge instead of cookies). So far I can really feel the cookies working their magic and i'm pretty sure a PR'd a 5k on my normal run route (could be the sub zero temps pushing me too).
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    Curb cravings with water and a little bit of self control, works for me
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I make a plan. For example, throughout the normal months of the year I may have a small pudding cup, Clif Z bar, or something else "sweet" at lunchtime. But during December, I don't. Instead I "save my calories" and indulge in 1 cookie or 1 chocolate around 2-3 pm. Works for me. And I stay within my calories.

I've found that if I try to completely stay away from stuff like that I will wind up "rewarding" myself later on (subconsciously), like getting an ice cream sundae on the weekend. Sometimes that's ok but other times it seems more satisfying and pretty equivalent calorie-wise to indulge more often in smaller ways. Up to you, of course!
  • snapehbp
    Options

Excellent point!!!

I would drink lots of water, chew gum, and allow yourself one on Friday, especially if you didn't over due the platter all week! I don't have a sweet tooth, but have the same problem with salty snacks.
  • superdeedooper
    superdeedooper Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't post correctly. Can these things be deleted?
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Go in there knowing you can have a cookie at lunch and it will help fight the craving. Then pick whatever cookie you want to accompany lunch and enjoy it. Knowing that you will allow yourself a pleasure can usually help you avoid the over indulgance you get when you deny yourself things.
  • superdeedooper
    Options
    I like this way of thinking :-)
  • superdeedooper
    Options

Well said!