How to loose left over baby fat belly

Options
I have a one year old and an 11 year old. I am a 167 lbs and my goal weight is to be 150lbs. What is it that I can change about my diet and excercise to help me loose my kangaroo pouch stomache. The only excercises that I am doing at this time are 200 jump and jacks for 6 days a week, I jog and walk 30 mins to one hour for 6 days a week.

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit, continue with cardio, and look into some sort of strength program, patience, take measurements, don't worry about the scale if the tape gets smaller.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Strength training!
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit, continue with cardio, and look into some sort of strength program, patience, take measurements, don't worry about the scale if the tape gets smaller.

^^This

Paitence is key!!
    Calorie Deficit along with cardio AND strength training (maybe some isolated ab work as well) will be the way to see results.
  • Waggoner83
    Waggoner83 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Like sit ups or push ups?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Like sit ups or push ups?

Pilates is great too ....it works your whole core.
  • Waggoner83
    Options
  • Waggoner83
    Options
    I never tried Pilates. Is that something you do at home?
  • rella_1003
    rella_1003 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

you can if you want, there are plenty of youtube vids out there or you can join a class at your local gym
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can do pilates at home. There is a lot of free information on it out there, just google it.

You can also do body weight exercise routines. There are two things that can contribute to the baby pooch... fat or flabby muscles. To reduce fat, you have to reduce your overall body fat, you cannot spot reduce fat. To make the area look firm, though, you'll probably need to focus on exercises that work the core.

Overall, however, you will probably like the way you look, better, if you do a total body workout to strengthen muscles. Do you go to a gym?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Yes, you can do it at home!

Also, if you're more into cardio (speaking from my own experience here) I have never had my core so sore except from boxing. The twisting movements work me every time.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Absolutely you can do this at home...here are some video clips

http://video.about.com/pilates/How-to-Do-Pilates-Exercises-for-Flat-Abs.htm

http://video.about.com/pilates/Easy-Pilates-Exercises-for-Beginners.htm

http://video.about.com/pilates/How-to-Do-an-Express-Pilates-Workout.htm

Hulu.com has a health & fitness channel.....lots of workouts there too (Gaiam...has lots of Pilates)
  • Waggoner83
    Options
    No I have not been to the gym in about 6 months but I will start going back maybe late December. I was trying to loose a majority of teh body fat before I went back.
  • Waggoner83
    Options

Yes, you can do it at home!

Also, if you're more into cardio (speaking from my own experience here) I have never had my core so sore except from boxing. The twisting movements work me every time.
  • tdelo7634
    tdelo7634 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    No I have not been to the gym in about 6 months but I will start going back maybe late December. I was trying to loose a majority of teh body fat before I went back.
    I though that was a reason to go to the gym.
  • Waggoner83
    Options
    Thank God I am one that was fortunate tdelo 7634 that I never had to go to the gym however, now that I am 17lbs away from my goal by God grace I can go now if you are being sarcastic.
  • Waggoner83
    Options
    Also tdelo 7634 if you did not read my orginal post well I have lost my weight from from cardio and dieting and not going to the gym sir.
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I think that tdelo was saying that waiting to go to the gym until after you have lost weight could be unnecessary, as people go to the gym to lose weight / become healthy. I don't think he was taking a jab at you...

But, having had 2 kids myself, I understand your current issue, and I also understand feeling like it would be embarrassing to go to the gym when you feel like you don't look how you are used to looking. I put off going to the gym until I had lost quite a bit of my weight (highest was somewhere over 200... I quit getting on scales, but I guess around 220), around 170ish.

Anyway, my point is, there are all sorts of stages of fitness at the gym, and it is highly doubtful that anyone will look at you and think negatively of you.
  • Waggoner83
    Options
    I really did not want to pay $50 for a gym membership and did not lose weight. I wanted to make sure that I had a purpose and trying to do things right this time around.
  • Waggoner83
    Options
    I think that tdelo was saying that waiting to go to the gym until after you have lost weight could be unnecessary, as people go to the gym to lose weight / become healthy. I don't think he was taking a jab at you...

But, having had 2 kids myself, I understand your current issue, and I also understand feeling like it would be embarrassing to go to the gym when you feel like you don't look how you are used to looking. I put off going to the gym until I had lost quite a bit of my weight (highest was somewhere over 200... I quit getting on scales, but I guess around 220), around 170ish.

Anyway, my point is, there are all sorts of stages of fitness at the gym, and it is highly doubtful that anyone will look at you and think negatively of you.
  • DJ_Rocker
    Options
    Keep up the hard work and the best of luck to you. :)