My big/little NSV!!

Options
Hey all! I've been more lurking then posting, and haven't exactly been the best when it comes to logging my food (something I plan to remedy), but I've been working my butt off at the gym and I've finally managed to have an NSV that I'm proud enough to share.

So... my big NSV is.... that this 232lb chicky managed to jog (yes, 4.5mph counts as a jog when you have shorty short legs) for 10 whole mins straight!!!
I've also managed to cut 40 seconds off my mile, down to 15mins even!
I've never been a runner, or a jogger or even a fast shuffler... so to be able to run for 10 mins was a major thing for me. I know it probably sounds silly and little for some of ya'll out there, but it was a big deal for me.

So, off to the gym to celebrate and get in another 10 min jog.

Replies

• knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Great job!! That's a huge success!! Here's hoping many more will follow.
  • MasterKat
    Options
    Awesome!!! :bigsmile:
  • yumbinkbugonrox
    yumbinkbugonrox Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congrats! To me, that's a huge nsv!

My shared NSV: My boyfriend and I were able to stand in the doorway of my bathroom together without our bellies rubbing together! :D Also, we can fit better in our bed (including a dog and 4 cats).
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    that's amazing! I know what you mean and believe me I was stoked that I could last 3 minutes while jogging 6.0 mph. It is a huge accomplishment! keep it up!
  • aries7298
    aries7298 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    SWEET!!!! awesome job!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    That is soooooo Awesome! Just keep going! You are doing so GREAT!!! I bet you can run 12 minutes if you try! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • MaeRenee94
    Options
    This is wonderful!! Congrats, you should be so so proud of yourself :) Running isn't easy
  • kjm_723
    kjm_723 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That IS a big thing. Congrats! Before you know it you'll be able run a 5k :)
  • bartonjack
    bartonjack Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! It sounds like you have come a long ways girl and are doing such a fantastic job. Stay with it and DO NOT give up!! I look forward to hearing more great things from you.
  • jar819
    jar819 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! That is a big accomplishment!! I can't run for 1 minute!! :happy:
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    Congrats!! That is something to be very proud of. We all start at different points and need to celebrate our own goals. I remember when I first started trying to run and being excited to run a mile without stopping.
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV! That's exactly how I started. It took me forever to work up to that first mile without stopping (at 4.5), but when I got there it was the best feeling. You will get there, and probably sooner than you think. Congratulations and keep up the fantastic work!