its time to focus on me..

Options
hi, my names ericka, i'm 23 years old and a newlywed. I weigh 216lbs i have been counting calories and going to the gym for the past few weeks. ive really got to it though the last week i lost a pound which isn't much to most but to me its a start. i go to the gym and love running, sweating, and just feeling the burn. its the motivating myself to go there. i want to be back to 170 lbs by may/june or close to. i dont want to rush it and then end up gaining it all back. ive done the atkins diet many times and just end up gaining all and some back. i am doing it right this time counting calories and not drinking pop or having fast food. it was very hard at first i had withdrawels but i feel so much better and water isn't to bad i guess lol. I would like some girls and guys to add me i enjoy talking to people and getting peoples input and help. i tried to lose weight before our wedding but just couldnt do it because i moved from one state to another new job and had to plan my wedding. i maintained weight but after we got married i feel like i gained 10 lbs. its depressing and stressful feeling so disgusting. well my name is erickam1021 if you want to add me.

Replies

• Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! wish you all the best in reaching your goals! Some of the best things you could do you are starting with already, like cutting out fast food and pop. In time, with logging everything, you will start to notice areas where you might need to change or improve your diet further, it is a great tool - log it all!

All the best in reaching your goals!
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    Just sent a request I am 6'2 and 205 - a newlywed as well :) I am trying to remotivate myself to start logging again anyone feel free to add me
  • Welcome. I 've just joined again after putting on the 20lbs i lost originally lost. So annoyed with myself.. I'll send you a FR, can keep each other motivated
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi Ericka my name is Fay and welcome to the family. I will add you
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Welcome!!!! Congrats on your marriage!!!!

You've had a lot of changes lately. I'm glad you're liking the gym. We're here to help !!!!