Things I have discovered on MFP...

Options

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I've learned that the scales are evil and that sodium is the devil!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jessmsu81
    Options
    Great post - I love the string of positive energy created by it!! :) Now I want to play...

I've learned that...
    -Holding yourself accountable is essential, but having others who keep you in check & offer support, makes a world of difference.
    -You have to EAT to lose weight... limiting calories or starving yourself is NOT healthy and is NOT worth it... just eat the right things!
    -I actually enjoy keeping a food journal, sure it's tedious, but it's a great tool to help you reach you goals and improve even more.
    -I can survive without diet pop & I will! :)
  • carmen1485
    Options
    I've learned that a 75g serving of pasta is much smaller than I thought it was ... and I can eat that and still feel full.

I've also learned that savouring food is a good way to feel full.

And that everyone posting here is incredibly supportive of other's achievements, big and small, which is a great reminder of how fantastic people are.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    - I can pick up a slice of pizza, actually inhale the scent, and still put it down without taking one bite.

I can do the same with chocolate :-D

I salute both of you! :drinker:
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've learned that I CAN eat COOKED carrots and not want to vomit.
    I've learned that I too, can be "regular". :blushing:
    I've learned that I can cook my meals and resist the urge to add salt.
    I've learned that if I'm in, I'm ALL in, but if I'm out, I'm ALL out. (I'm either fully committed, or not committed at all. There's no in between for me.)
  • travindra
    travindra Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have learned that if I eat slower I amactually able to get full on smaller portion sizes. It seems obvious now but its hard to practice!
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've learned that there IS time in each day for exercise - that the only person preventing me from exercising in the morning is my evil twin telling me to keep sleeping.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    1. I love lentils....Love, love, love them. Red, yellow, brown.....
    2. Spinach in garlic can be an everyday food
    3. I'd rather eat popcorn than chips (a huge change)
    4. Teaching is survivable on 30 oz of coffee (a huge reduction for me.)
    5. I CAN dance
    6. I wasn't as big as I thought I was, the last time I got to this weight.
    7. I'm not as small as I think I am, now that I'm back down to this weight.
  • monkeyfood
    Options
    Most of these have been posted already but I don't care.

1. I actually like water plain, I don't need to add crystal light to it.
    2. Eating a cup of fruit is just as satisfying (if not better) than a worse off sugary snack
    3. Running doesn't hurt my knees as much as I pretended it did
    & the last thing..
    4. I actually love to cook!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Also: One half assed breakfast can throw off my whole day. Take the time, do it right and it sets the tone for everything else.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have learned that it's really not as big a deal as I think it is. No matter what "it" is.

THIS THIS THIS
  • colekay
    Options
    I've learned that soda, is just evil, and I'm glad to be rid of it!!!
    i'm with you on the soda thing........glad it's out of my life too :)
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I won't die without a diet pepsi!:sad:
    I can drink water - 64oz or more a day!:drinker:
    I can get up at 4:30am and go to the gym!:bigsmile:
    I can lose weight and feel better!:tongue:
    I can set goals and reach them!:flowerforyou:
  • Meag83
    Meag83 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've learned that I have to be my biggest cheerleader. My success doesn't depend on the motivation that I receive from others. I could be waiting a very long times.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Awesome post idea!

I've learned:

~Drink mucho water.
    ~Incorporate extra exercise into everyday life. (Park further away, take the steps, do curls with the grocery bags)
    ~Log all my food, even when I get to maintenance, or I'll be back at "weight loss".
    ~I control what goes in my mouth. Ever since I was two years old........

~It's so worth the effort.:flowerforyou:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I have learned that despite the logical excuse "I'm too tired to exercise" going to the gym gives me an energy.

I have learned that exercise is my new drug.

I have learned that my favorite shirt is getting way to big.

I have learned that I can ride girl-on-top with my knees up instead of down, and make my Thor's man's eyes buldge out.

I have learned that I don't need to starve myself to loose weight, infact, I'm doing just the opposite!

I have learned that I drink way toooooo much alcohol.
  • jld60
    jld60 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have (re) learned that if there is something in the house that I really love, I will eventually have it--and have it in overwhelmingly large (until it is all gone) quantities.......................
  • CisorHeads
    Options
    This is an amazing post and an amazing group of people!! I have learned a few things in my week of being here.

1. Though it was tough at first I can eat in portions and still feel full instead of overeating and being miserable.
    2. I do like to exercise.
    3. I can feel better during the day instead of being tired all the time.
    4. SODIUM IS BAD!!!!!
    5. Last but not least there are others going through the same thing and if you just reach out for help someone will throw you a life preserver!!!

Thank you so much to all the strong people on here that are giving me strength and helping me find the willpower I didn't know I had. Bless you all!!
  • CisorHeads
    Options
    This is an amazing post and an amazing group of people!! I have learned a few things in my week of being here.

1. Though it was tough at first I can eat in portions and still feel full instead of overeating and being miserable.
    2. I do like to exercise.
    3. I can feel better during the day instead of being tired all the time.
    4. SODIUM IS BAD!!!!!
    5. Last but not least there are others going through the same thing and if you just reach out for help someone will throw you a life preserver!!!

Thank you so much to all the strong people on here that are giving me strength and helping me find the willpower I didn't know I had. Bless you all!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I've learned that soda, is just evil, and I'm glad to be rid of it!!!

Me too. I think I have literally had 20 oz of soda since coming here two months ago.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!