christmas cookies at work :(

2»

Replies

• kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    It's not what you eat from november to december, it's what you eat from december to november. Enjoy the holidays...

love it!
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    It's not what you eat from november to december, it's what you eat from december to november. Enjoy the holidays...

Love this so very true :)
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    just had a holiday cookie exchange at work, so i decided to make it into a 2 day cookie cleanse (i cheated but only because someone made fudge instead of cookies). So far I can really feel the cookies working their magic and i'm pretty sure a PR'd a 5k on my normal run route (could be the sub zero temps pushing me too).
  • Curb cravings with water and a little bit of self control, works for me
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    I make a plan. For example, throughout the normal months of the year I may have a small pudding cup, Clif Z bar, or something else "sweet" at lunchtime. But during December, I don't. Instead I "save my calories" and indulge in 1 cookie or 1 chocolate around 2-3 pm. Works for me. And I stay within my calories.

I've found that if I try to completely stay away from stuff like that I will wind up "rewarding" myself later on (subconsciously), like getting an ice cream sundae on the weekend. Sometimes that's ok but other times it seems more satisfying and pretty equivalent calorie-wise to indulge more often in smaller ways. Up to you, of course!
  • It's not what you eat from november to december, it's what you eat from december to november. Enjoy the holidays...

Excellent point!!!

I would drink lots of water, chew gum, and allow yourself one on Friday, especially if you didn't over due the platter all week! I don't have a sweet tooth, but have the same problem with salty snacks.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Go in there knowing you can have a cookie at lunch and it will help fight the craving. Then pick whatever cookie you want to accompany lunch and enjoy it. Knowing that you will allow yourself a pleasure can usually help you avoid the over indulgance you get when you deny yourself things.
  • superdeedooper
    superdeedooper Posts: 95 Member
    Well I didn't post correctly. Can these things be deleted?
  • superdeedooper
    I like this way of thinking :-)
  • superdeedooper

Well said!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Have a cookie...not 20 cookies. It's really not that hard.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    I wish someone would drop off some cookie at my office!!!! My technique - I just allow myself 2 or 3 ...ok sometimes 4. Then I go right back to business as usual. It's a given that my calories are up a bit in December. I just relax, enjoy and don't allow myself to completely derail. And I make sure I get my workouts in!
  • HannahInHawaii
    HannahInHawaii Posts: 173 Member
    I've heard that brushing your teeth will make you less likely to indulge. (atleast that works for snacking at night!):laugh:
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    I agree that the tins of store-bought Christmas cookies aren't worth the calories they're made of. Makes it very easy to avoid the temptation if they just have no appeal.

Now if they're homemade shortbread... that's a little tougher. Just have one. Or maybe two. But certainly no more than three! lol
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    One or two cookies a day definitely could fit my macros. Maybe try and hold off until the afternoon. If you go for one for morning tea you'll probably be tempted to go back for more later. Pack and eat a healthy lunch and then indulge in one or two if you really want them.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Out of sight, out of mind?

I just avoid the first cookie. After that, it's a slippery slope for me. Maybe grab a couple on your way out.

Same thing for pizza. I don't ever have one slice of pizza, because I am a pizza monster-devourer thing. Witnesses can attest to how scary it is.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Chew some gum next time you have to go in that cookie filled room! I usually always keep in mind how many miles I'd have to run in order to burn one of those cookies off haha that always makes it easy for me to say no.

I am that evil co-worker though that bakes treats and brings them into work.. I love baking! I didn't want to give it up just because of my lifestyle change so I still do it. I just don't eat anything I make and instead I sprinkle them throughout my place of employment and home for others to feast on.