Any soccer/football players in here?

Options
Hi everyone!

I come from Quebec,Canada... I've been playing soccer for 26 years now. Any soccer/football players want to have a chat/be friends?

Replies

• lbryant79
    Options
    Already friend but yes, been playing around the same time frame, love it, should have gone pro but messed it up, not entirely my fault.
  • Wiltord1982
    Wiltord1982 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You'd probably be a pro already if you played in North America :P
  • nickdavis843
    Options
    I used to play all the time through high school though its been a few years....now i play pickup from time to time and go out and shoot and run around for cardio just about weekly. Im American by the way gotta love some footy though.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Right here. I have been playing for about 24 years. I am not currently on a team. Looking for a new team for next indoor session
  • lbryant79
    Options
    You'd probably be a pro already if you played in North America :P

Too many wannabe footballers worldwide now, makes it hard to get in unless you show world class talent from the early years.
    I played for couple of pro teams in our nationwide conference back in 1996, got paid £22.50 a match lol, went for tryouts with bigger teams and got into a slightly bigger team but in first match got you fibula/tibula bone broke and was released on injury release clause, got payout but still sucks, tried when healed but no one wanted me due to injury I had, even though it hasn't bothered me since.

gutting lol.
  • bombsaway14
    Options
    I have been a soccer player for 7 years. I played all four years of high school (I can play goalkeeper and right/left defense). I want to play collegiate but I need to train. I do go to the local soccer field and kick and shoot soccer balls though and sometimes, I will do pickup games.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I played for well over 30 years, off and on, until just a few years ago.
    I had had lots of minor injuries, but, really, I thought I was invincible. Then, I was shielding a ball, with my back to the opposing player. He kicked me, fairly hard, as if somehow he was going to be able to go through me or brush me aside. I fell over. My knee didn't really hurt, but I knew it was not going to run anymore that day. I had a torn ACL.
    I haven't returned to soccer since. I have too many other, active things I like to do. I played until I was 51-years-old. That's a good long time, though there is an over-50 league here.
  • Wiltord1982
    Wiltord1982 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Soccer! :D