Zumba Fitness

Options
I am considering ordering the Zumba Fitness DVDs. Feedback, please.

Replies

• ginnyroxx
    Options
    i haven't done the dvd's but i got zumba classes at my gym and i LOVE them! in fact, i have one tonight! :love:
  • Kay2Phat
    Kay2Phat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do not have the DVD but I attend a Zumba class on my campus. It is fun, you sweat, and trust me you shake. It is fun yet it's a workout. So expect to dance away the pounds! ! ! good luck.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    own them, LOVE them!
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I have the DVDs and can recommand them. I love Zumba and the Dvds are great for beginners to learn the basic steps and to get a workout routine started.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Loooove Zumba classes! Hated the DVDs. DVDs I couldn't really keep up with. But the class, the instructor can see when she needs to bring it down a notch or take it up a notch. I go 3x/week and burn about 500 calories per class. And its SO much fun. You dont have to worry about being able to dance or keep a beat. The goal is to keep moving. Nobody cares what you are doing, they are so focused on themselves and the instructor. We have a lady in our class that just busts out in her own dance moves and that makes it even more fun!

Go try it! Usually the first class is free.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    i haven't done the dvd's but i got zumba classes at my gym and i LOVE them! in fact, i have one tonight! :love:
    me too!
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Had a "practice" one this morning with friends that are starting a class soon:)
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    Options
    ive been wanting to try it....but i dont want to be the uncoordinated girl in the back that looks like a goof!
  • honeybee709
    honeybee709 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Everyone is uncoordinated their first time! I have the dvds and go to classes, love it all!
  • sacred1109
    sacred1109 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great feedback. I'm going to order them and dance away the pounds!
  • scottjames84
    Options
    I just started the DVD's tonight, holy cow that was a work out LOL.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD's I like them, but totally prefer going to the class. If you have one at your local gym or Y, or anywhere lol I'd recommend them over the DVD's...just because I think its easier to push harder with a real live instructor than someone on TV. But thats just my opinion. :)
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    ive been wanting to try it....but i dont want to be the uncoordinated girl in the back that looks like a goof!

Oh....don't worry; that's me! LOL
  • mandyshell
    Options
    Own them and LOVE them!! I do them 2 or 3 days a week and then I actually go to the gym and take a Zumba class 2 days a week. It's sooooo much fun!!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    As I posted in another thread "the best $70 I have ever spent". The "Lose a size in ten days" claim. BELIEVE IT! I have lost tons of inches and gained so much energy. I would have never been able to keep going to a gym for that kind of money. Good luck and have fun! It IS fun!
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have both sets of DVD's (Latin Dance workout Dvd's & Total Body Transformation) and I LOVE them sooo much. It's well worth the money. :)