Buffalo chicken wraps; low carb and low fat!

Options
missiontofitness
missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
I've been missing buffalo chicken (but I haven't been missing the breading, deep frying, and large portions of bleu cheese dressing smothered on it!)
I came up with a healthier version that I'm absolutely addicted to. I've had it four times in the last week for a meal!

For the chicken:
-3-4 ounces of lean chicken breast, fresh
-2 tablespoons of oil of your choice (I prefer olive)
- crushed red pepper flakes
- chili powder
- black pepper

Heat the oil in a pan. Place the chicken, cut into strips, into the pan. Add in the black pepper, chili powder, and crushed red pepper flakes to your taste. Let it cook thoroughly, then drain briefly on a paper towel. The spices should infuse into the oil while cooking, and create a layer on the chicken, which adds a little heat. Yum!

Choose your favorite tortilla or sandwich wrap, and layer down a bed of lettuce, cut up grape tomatoes, and 1/4 of a cup of Treasure Cove reduced fat Bleu Cheese crumbles. I love these because they are a much healthier alternative to bleu cheese dressing, and add flavor without overpowering your spices and toppings.

You can toss some hot sauce with the chicken for added heat, or drizzle it over the chicken.
Then, wrap and eat!

According to MFP, the 3 ounces of chicken and toppings come out to:
- 222 calories
- 4g of carbs
- 6g of fat
- 35g of protein
- 5g sat fat
(Edit): also be sure to incorporate your oil into the recipe as well! You don't have to use 2 tablespoons; use whatever you feel comfy with!

I didn't include the wrap in the nutritional info, since those values vary so much. So if you're looking to plan a meal, be sure to incorporate your own add-ins to this info!

And I'd recommend getting a lot of supplies...you might be like me and get addicted to this fast, delicious, and satisfying meal.

Replies

• sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    This sounds good!! thanks :)
  • Pandora_King
    Options
    That's not low carb. Those wraps are very high in carbs, even the "lower" carb ones.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    That's not low carb. Those wraps are very high in carbs, even the "lower" carb ones.

At the end of the recipe, I mentioned that. This recipe is only for filling and toppings. I intentionally left out the wrap since people are going to have wraps varying greatly in nutritional content.
    If people are worried about carbs, it can also be used as a salad topping. It's a very diverse recipe.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Also forgot to add the info for the oil! Depending on how much you use, be sure to add that onto your recipe :)
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I just marinate my chicken breast in Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing sauce. It doesn't have any carbs and I think it barely has any calories per serving. After it's marinated, I just bake it for 20-30 mins at 350 degrees. Super easy!
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    worth a shot.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Hmm, I just marinate my chicken breast in Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing sauce. It doesn't have any carbs and I think it barely has any calories per serving. After it's marinated, I just bake it for 20-30 mins at 350 degrees. Super easy!

I've been staring at my bottle of hot sauce wondering how it would work as a marinade.
    Mine personally has no carbs and no calories...but burns like the ****ens.
    That sounds awesome; I'm definitely going to try that tomorrow!
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    You need to post recipes more often. :wink:
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    You need to post recipes more often. :wink:

Will do! I have plenty to share. :)
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options

I've been staring at my bottle of hot sauce wondering how it would work as a marinade.
    Mine personally has no carbs and no calories...but burns like the ****ens.
    That sounds awesome; I'm definitely going to try that tomorrow!

lol I love spicy stuff though. I have even poured a tbs of Siriacha sauce on my chicken breast before. It leaves my tongue on fire, but, it tastes good and def makes me drink more water. LOL
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    oh this sounds good and i love how its minimal ingredients and easy to make!