Oregon Brewers festival

Options
Like most guys (and some gals on here too:tongue: ), booze is a big killer, especially in the summer time. Anyone have any strategies to handle those bbqs/ beerfests/ nights on the deck/ et al? My usual is to just really limit the cals I have during the day so I can have more beers at night. Not fasting or starving, mind you, just cutting back. Also, makes for a hell of a buzz on an empty stomach :happy:

Replies

• richardwelch
    Options
    Like most guys (and some gals on here too:tongue: ), booze is a big killer, especially in the summer time. Anyone have any strategies to handle those bbqs/ beerfests/ nights on the deck/ et al? My usual is to just really limit the cals I have during the day so I can have more beers at night. Not fasting or starving, mind you, just cutting back. Also, makes for a hell of a buzz on an empty stomach :happy:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I pretty much just workout and earn the calories or save them for beers later.....it's kinda unavoidable over the summer. There are too many social activities and I enjoy a few drinks too much so...whatev!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Well, MGD Light has only 54 calories. That is the lowest calorie beer I can find (not a great beer, but whatever).

I haven't drank yet on this diet, but I know I will be Saturday and I am going to cut back and then let lose, I haven't given myself any kind of break in almost 5 weeks.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Are you in Portland? We were just there a week and a half ago, and I was bummed we were going to miss the brewers fest! :laugh:

I would just say plan ahead and don't let yourself get sucked in without thinking about it. Decide which beers are really worth it. For me, I'd say - have fun at the festival! Squeeze in an extra workout and then pass on the next event that isn't as "worth it" - try to hang out with your friends without drinking as much. Plan ahead how many drinks you are going to let yourself have and try to stick to that.