Office parties

Options
We have our office Christmas party this week. It is going to have a lot of appetizers and buffet style food. How do people navigate this sort of thing calorie wise?
Firstly, not sure how I am going to add something like 'White Truffle Croquettes with Chive Crème Fraiche' to my daily food...
Second, there are probably not going to really be any 'healthy' options - I am not expecting to see any tossed salad or grilled chicken sandwiches in there.

Replies

• 7joy
    7joy Posts: 4
    Options
    Our party is tomorrow. My strategy is to have something healthy beforehand (which will be hard because party starts at 9am). I'm planning a late breakfast of oatmeal and fruit. Then, I'm bringing a veggie tray to share and squirreling away some healthier options for me. I'm allowing myself a few nibbles of my favorite things so I don't feel deprived. But I'm placing a limit so I don't go hog wild. I'm going to pick my 3 favs and only take a smidgen of each. We'll see how it goes! Good luck to you, you can do it! Be strong!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i usually walk through the options ahead of time to see what there is and plan accordingly. i filter out anything i think might have gluten in it. i filter out anything that looks disgusting. then i further filter out those people who i know for a fact down wash their hands after using the bathroom.

that usually only leaves me with about 3-4 options including whatever i brought.

depending on how much i eat i might just assume the worse and quick add maintenance calories
  • romancefan1983
    romancefan1983 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Our party is on Thursday and it's a holiday dessert potluck! My strategy is to plan my day around a butt load of yummy desserts! :love: So probably a small breakfast and dinner. Not gonna skimp on the delciousness! LOL
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I just use my best judgement! I get a lot of whatever healthy option there is and then a little bit of the other things I simply just want. I then only eat until I'm satisfied and then that's it. As far as logging, I just estimate the best I can and do quick calories. As for the treats you mentioned, I just wouldn't eat them haha not worth it as far as I'm concerned. I treat holidays, and every single other day no different and eat healthy always. Eventually I will indulge and have days where I "cheat," as they say, but not right now. I hope you have a nice time at your party!
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm on a really strict diet, so I chose to eat whatever I wanted. It was just what I needed to recharge. Yum. I just told myself I needed to eat the salad too and asparagus. But because I've been eating healthy and frequently I couldn't eat that much bad stuff . I just had my filet, veggies, one slice og bread and a few bites of the three desserts. And two glasses of wine. I didn't log it because I didn't want to feel guilty. Today I was back on plan. Content and happy to be back to my normal food.