Girls 5'10" what's your goal weight

Options
I have set my goal for 130# but that may me low. I'm currently at 165# and carry all my extra weight in my lower body.

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    165 lbs is within the normal weight range for your height. Although you may set short-term, preliminary weight goals, you might want to ultimately go by body composition and prioritize maintaining muscle mass while reducing fat mass to develop a leaner physique.
  • danagolding
    Options
    I'm not 5'10" and I'm not sure what your goal weight should be but I can tell you this: I am 5'5", my goal weight is 125 but I've pretty much been stuck at 132 for months! At this point I'm not really sure that I'll ever get to 125 but I'm pretty happy with where I'm currently at, just wanting to continue working on body composition at this point. You could always set your goal for a certain weight and when you get there reevaluate.
  • pianochick5254
    Options
    I'm shooting for 165
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 160lbs. Goal is 150.
  • LoraleiDean
    Options
    My goal is 175, which is at the high end of the spectrum, but I was once happy there. I carry weight very evenly, and have been told many times that I look much lighter than I am :)
    I'm slowly working down from my all-time highest weight, brought on by medications.
    I agree with the ongoing/ re-evaluations of your progress. I'm older and know that I will never look like I did at 20, so my weight is being "adjusted" accordingly.
    Good luck with reaching a healthy goal!
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 3/4", does that count? :-P

My goal right now is 175, and I'll reassess once I get there. I started at 226, and am currently at 194.

I know that I'm larger framed, so I don't know that 130 would ever be realistic for me.
  • Chelsey2016
    Chelsey2016 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Chelsey and I am 5 '8 and my goal weight is 152ish. :)
  • Tiffannhut
    Tiffannhut Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think I set my goal way too low. I weighed that last year but don't think I was done growing. I had no butt and now I do and I don't want to lose it.
  • vk2929
    vk2929 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", goal is 160. Exactly what I weighed when I got my first driver's license.
  • rebekahnillyoungers
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal is 140-145. My weight naturally stayed within this range in early adulthood...before kids.
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", trying to get to 148
  • upsidedownjelly
    Options
    170, with wiggle room. I'll reevaluate if I need to/want to. I lift weights so anticipate weighing more, and the only time I've ever weighed 150 at this height was on Christmas Day when I was 15 and hadn't eaten for 2 days. So, nope.
  • rebekahnillyoungers
    Options
    This weekend I had my body fat tested in a water tank for the first time. I knew that I had gained muscle since starting pole dancing, but wow...my body fat is 16.4 % and I weigh 158 lbs! Just goes to show that total body weight doesn't tell you much about body composition. So, I had been aiming for a goal weight of 140...well, at 5'10" with my current 131 lbs of lean body mass, that would be a dangerously low weight for me. So, I've revised my goal weight to 155...and now I'm only 3 pounds away from goal! Crazy.
  • lindleywest
    Options
    I am 5'10"...currently at 180.8 and I would like to be at 155/150 by June 2, 2014 (my wedding anniversary!)...hope I can make it.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    155-165
  • Tiffannhut
    Tiffannhut Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This weekend I had my body fat tested in a water tank for the first time. I knew that I had gained muscle since starting pole dancing, but wow...my body fat is 16.4 % and I weigh 158 lbs! Just goes to show that total body weight doesn't tell you much about body composition. So, I had been aiming for a goal weight of 140...well, at 5'10" with my current 131 lbs of lean body mass, that would be a dangerously low weight for me. So, I've revised my goal weight to 155...and now I'm only 3 pounds away from goal! Crazy.
    Wow congratulations
  • spikyjules
    spikyjules Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" I'm aiming for 175 - started using this site 2 weeks ago, 9lbs down 45lbs to go.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    5'11" currently weigh about 165. I thin I look so much better now than I did when I was 145 lbs. I have more muscle and more butt :)
    And the funny thing is, my belly looks tighter now.

So no goal weight for me, I am working on gaining muscle mass. Still wear the same pants size as previous weight (although some are tight in calves and thighs, and sagging in waist now)