Losing weight

Options
I weigh 130 pounds currently. I eat 1840 per day. I go gym 2 times a week. I would like to burn a pound a week.
Can someone tell me how to lose 1 pound a week by eating 1840 cal per day (12, 880 per week) ?

And if possible, could you tell me a calorie deficit which is suitable for me, in order to lose a pound a week?

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I am replying mostly because your thread title is "Losing weight" instead of "Loosing weight."

If your profile is accurate and you are an 18 yo male, 130 pounds doesn't strike me as a starting weight where you might be looking for 1 lb per week loss? :huh: Maybe you are very slight / small-framed / less-tall-than-most?

Use MFP to set your goals as a guide. Or use any number of online calculators to get a sense of what might be an appropriate calorie target.

I like to think of weight loss and fitness / exercise as completely different things that nonetheless influence each other. Use calorie deficit or surplus for weight loss or gain; use fitness / exercise for fitness goals.

That's all I've got.
  • ngallagher13
    ngallagher13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am replying mostly because your thread title is "Losing weight" instead of "Loosing weight."

?? he spelled it correctly.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

?? he spelled it correctly.

Which was so refreshing I felt compelled to reply.