After a binge...

Options
2»

Replies

• spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Definitely have been there. I agree with what others have said--just get back to it.

That said, I have also had times where it's hard to get back on track. When that happens, I go back to basics and just focus on one meal at a time. Give yourself a pat on the back for every time you eat what you had planned to eat (pre-planning also helps tons when I get off track. Then I have something to go back to.) Keep on keepin' on!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    What I TRY to do is think about how I'll feel right after I binge (usually during TOM) and how my clothes will feel tight and I'll be puffy from water retention for a few days after. I was going to go to the gym tonight just to earn some calories so I can have some licorice...but really don't want to just work out so I can eat. Plus the weather is snowy and roads not the greatest and low on gas...so I could take my dog out walking a bit...but too slippery. SO, I will have hot tea throughout the rest of the night and take my mind off of food. I look forward to tomorrow morning when I DON'T wake up bloated!!! Go have some hot tea and if you can, do some activity to get things going again. I managed to string together 10 days of doing this and I believe it is working! :) Good luck.
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Forget it and start clean today. Don't beat yourself up about it and don't let one day (or a few) get to you. Focus on the good in the future not the missteps of the past.
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Ugh...the feeling after bingeing is just awful. I definitely need to remind myself of this. So not worth it!