Ready to be fit for life!

Options
Hi all,

I am an almost 30 year old female ready to get fit for life. Ive recently decided that I need to get in shape so that I can keep up with my children.I use to be really skinny but after my first daughter and poor dieting, I gained quite a bit of weight. Ive always felt good about myself but after the yo yo wieght Ive decided to change my eating habits and workout.

I really enjoy MFP and I hope this works for me although I am having trouble eating enough calories through out the day without going over my other goals. Does anyone have any suggestions? Most days I am not consuming enough calories therefore putting my body into starvation mode. My current goal is 20 lbs by mid December. I know thats alot but even 10 lbs would make me happy. That would be a pound for every year I ve been at this weight.

Any questions, comments, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Are you eating 3 meals? Or 5 or 6 smaller meals? And are you binge eating and then not eating the rest of the day? I know those are random questions, but I find myself going into starvation mode because I know something I ate wasn't so good...
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I try to keep snack packages with me so that I can eat a little something every hour or two throughout the day and in between meals.
    I have days where I don't eat enough either.
  • msmcredit
    Options
    I eat breakfast lunch and snacks and dinner but Im not eating enough apparently. Most days consist of cereal, a fiber bar, lunch?? snack and dinner?? but after a few bites I feel full I guess on days like Monday when I consume 500 calories are hurting me.
  • msmcredit
    Options
    Most of my days I dont enough, especially on workout days. Yesterday I earned almost 750 calories!! There was no one I could eat anymore before bed. I was stuffed and had only consumed about 1000 all day!