Looking for friends :)

Options
Hi there,
My name is Jenna and I am on a quest for a healthier me. Too many "just one more's" added up to WAY too many. Who knew? I am currently on day 24 and recently found out you can have friends! I would like to find others who need/give support :)

My current plan is lowered calories *1400 a day, and I go to the gym a few times a week for a minimum of 40 minutes cardio. I was losing with great stride for the first 2 weeks, then it stopped! ACK!!

Yesterday I took my 3rd week of lipovite injections, as a friend suggested I try them and Adipex. While the Adipex does curb my hunger, it really doesn't seem to be doing anything else. I never really ate just because I was hungry, boredom is more like it. But I do find that it makes me feel full so when I do eat, it is less. I certainly don't want to depend on anything but thought it could help kick start my journey. Week 3 and I am less than impressed. I will try for another 2 then I will change that up.

Anyway... HELP! Add me and lets travel this road together :)

Replies

• sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!

my name is dannielle. i gained 100 lbs each time i got pregnant. but always lost it quickly, now i am trying to lose weight from baby number 3 :) add me, and if you want to send me messages, i will respond :) good luck on your weight loss journey!

i am on day 5 or 6 i think! but i have lost almost 15 lbs! whoo hooo!
  • napompl
    napompl Posts: 736
    Options
    Fell free to add me. I am trying to lose the weight I gained back from a previous loss. I'm always up for help on the journey and hope I can help you also.
  • Jenna299
    Options
    I will add you :) I was always skinny Minnie as a child. I started gaining weight in high school and in 1990 I hurt my back, that led to less activity and then add to that I had a crappy relationship which brought depression I am told lol. I ate to feel better, I ate to feel bad,, I ate to live, I ate to sleep, I ate ate ate....

I have gained and lost so many times I can't count. I battled with fertility issues throughout my 20's and early 30's. The doctors told me I would not get pregnant until I lost weight. Well I lost 10, gained 20... it was a yoyo.

In June I decided to start this journey. I lost about 28 pounds and then it just seemed to stop. I worked out harder, ate less but nothing seemed to help. Then I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant. The next day I found out I was miscarrying. It was at that point I decided THIS HAS TO CHANGE.

So here I am.... I don't know that I will have any children as I am now 40...l but I realized I need to get healthier!
  • LeeAnn2healthy
    LeeAnn2healthy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck with your weight loss....please add me for any moral support or *kitten* kicking that you might need...LOL
  • health1971
    Options
    Hi Jenna,

Welcome to MFP :happy: ... Wishing you all the best on this journey :wink: , just put one foot in front of the other and breath you will reach your goal soon enough :smile: ... I don't know much about lipovite injections :huh: , but what I can tell you is that losing weight is a slow process and it has it's ups and downs... Just be consistent with your meals and workout plan and you will do just fine... Feel free to add me whenever you want and I will support and encourage you everyday :glasses: ....

-Ivonne

Taking a step at a time to reach my goal always :flowerforyou:
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! I just started back up again after taking a couple years off and gaining a good 20 lbs, ugh. Please add me, I also need all the support I can get. Good luck!
  • kenthepainter
    kenthepainter Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm about 3 weeks in and have about 40 lbs to go, I understand the weight loss "stall" , I tell myself that my true goal is to log my calories and stay within my allotment daily, the weight will come off eventually . Add me if you like !