Random and surprising things I LOVE about losing weight

Options
Hi All,

Thought I'd start this in the motivation section because it could be helpful for anyone who's struggling a bit to read and hopefully join in.

There are things that we all love about weight loss, some of which are pretty standard - I love that I feel great, look better, have more energy, my clothes fit better or I've dropped several dress sizes and can fit into X again. But there are also some other things I've noticed that I really love too, random things that I didn't expect. This thread is dedicated to these random things that you've noticed and that you love about your weight loss. There might only be one or two, or there might be a huge number of them. So here's mine:

I LOVE:

The "I've shrunk" feeling. When I put my hands on my hips they're smaller than I expect them to be. Like when you wash your hair for the first time after having it cut, slightly disorienting but still a great feeling.

The feeling of strength in my thighs when I exercise.

That yoga is easier, just because I'm not hampered by fat rolls and things. I actually did tree pose for the first time yesterday because my thighs are smaller and it's easier to keep my foot up there. Boo-yah! Even really simple things like laying with my hands on my tummy are easier because it's concave now instead of convex so my hands don't keep slipping off.

That it is so EASY to lose weight, as long as I'm in calorie deficit. If there's one thing that's shocked me about the journey so far it is this.

Not the longest list, but I've been surprised by and love all of them. Would love to hear what yours are too.

:)

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Fitting into smaller clothes

Being able to do more in the gym

Being more confident

How eating healthy makes me feel

That Im sooo much more comfortable when travelling, I'm petite so can easily curl up with my legs in the seat in front of me <3

The looks I get from strangers

Compliments from ppl I know

Being an inspiration to others

And sooooooo much more!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I am not there yet, but I just cannot wait to NOT hide the minute someone pulls a camera out, or use my kids/friends as a shield to hide my body in group pics.
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Putting my hands on my hips and them not being as wide as they were 4 months ago.
    Completing workouts that destroyed me when I started, but now just make me feel stronger.
    Being able to walk for hours and not feel the leg weariness I did when I was 20lbs heavier.
    Not feeling like I have the knees of an 80 year old woman.
    Being able to fully do up tops that were too tight.
    Rings that were too small now fit.
  • emansidi
    emansidi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Loved your post! Very motivating. Thank you for sharing :smile:
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! So far, I think my favorite part has been realizing that I am actually going to be able to reach my goal weight. It's that whole feeling of everything finally clicking for me for the first time in my life. I now have this realization that with calorie counting and all of the other habits I've been developing the past three months, it's only a matter of time. Yay!
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    How it feels when I clasp my hands interlocking my fingers...they slide together so much easier

Realizing that I just walked up two flights of stairs and I'm not breathing hard

How easy it is to tie my shoes
  • lizfiz50
    lizfiz50 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My mom saying how thin I'm getting

people at work asking me what's my secret

seeing my jawline

getting hit on by random guys

I have a flatter stomach

fitting into smaller clothes

finding that tights fit me normal and not make me feel like a cased sausage anymore
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I have three split mirrors in my bathroom. When I was heavy they made me look bigger as I passed in front of them. My belly would be in one while my backside was in another. It was depressing and I would curse myself. Now I they make me look smaller and I easily fit into one mirror.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    !. Rolling over in bed easily.
    2. Bounding up and down stairs
    3. crossing my legs
    4. walking with a spring in my step
    5. Wearing high heeled shoes and boots
    6. Meeting people for the first time, who dont know I am a former fatty.
  • paulasimons1257
    Options
    I found this really helpful. Check it out  http://flfreviews.weebly.com
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    1. Crossing my legs
    2. Not feeling my thighs rub together when I walk
    3. Not getting winded when I walk
    4. Being able to make it through a workout without feeling like I want to pass out
    5. Wearing a size smaller than I wore BEFORE I had kids!
    6. Feeling younger. I felt really old for awhile even if I didnt look it but now I am starting to feel it again. I think its funny when people find out my real age.
    7. I actually LIKE exercising now.
  • LionessWhispers
    LionessWhispers Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump because these are awesome :)
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love feeling my hip bones and collar bones peaking through when I am back on track - makes me feel super sexy!

Can't wait to get there again!
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    About the only thing I hate about losing 64lbs is that I now lose about ten minutes standing in front of the mirror from still being in shock at my appearance.

Sounds vain, but hey, it's the internets.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I love how ****ing sexy we all are.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Man, I just feel like a different person. All the physical things that I have NEVER done before. Things so simple as running, squatting real low, 60 second plank! A big one for me is my performance on the elliptical. Before, where I was just going... now I jump on and I am able to go faster & for much longer at that quicker pace.

One of my love/hate items is that none of my clothes fit! Everything is too big, but I don't want to buy all new clothes yet, because I still have a bit to go... I try and run my jeans through the dryer so they fit a little better lately :laugh:
  • macandcheese5ever
    macandcheese5ever Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    There are so many great things! I love the idea of this thread.

1. I haven't been at my current weight (about 135) since middle school.
    2. I love trying new styles of clothing and seeing how they can surprise me.
    3. New friends never believe I was fat without pictures.
    4. I'm so so so so much more confident.
    5. I've had multiple people tell me I am an inspiration to lose weight to them. That means so much to me, and inspires me to keep going as well.
    6. I like taking pictures now!
    7. Life is just better. I feel better, look better, and am definitely healthier. I have learned so much about my body, and the crazy things it can do. Knowing I can lose 60 pounds makes me feel fantastic.
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    YES! That "shrunk" feeling IS wonderful!!:smile:

Smaller sizes.

The disappearing belly flap.

The discovery of bones.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I like being able to drive down the road and not feel my belly jiggle over the bumps.
    I like my cell phone holster not cutting into my side all the time.
    I like being able to bend over and tie my shoes without having to spread my legs.
    I never sought attention, but I like the random compliments from the ladies at work.
    I like being able to tuck my shirt in without having to pull it half way back out to cover my love handles and stomach.
    I like how all my belts are too big now.
    I like Under Armor shirts now.
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    OH...I love losing the Fred Flintstone feet. My feet go back to normal.:bigsmile: