Looking for some friends

Options
Hi everyone,

I am Nicole and in my 40's. A former athlete who let herself go due to an unhealthy relationship with stress and food. Anyway, I am getting back on track. I have been here a while but really got serious after labor day and I am almost 35 pounds down due to jogging and weightlifting.

Anyway, just went through my friends list, many have not been here in months. Looking for new friends to support and interact with. I used to be a competitive runner until I let myself go-now I am at the jogging stage, hopefully working back to full on running and enter some races soon.

Good luck everyone!

Nicole

Replies

• Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Good job on getting your self back in the game! One thing about winners is that you can't hold them down for long! You are doing JUST what you need to do to be where you want to be! First the brisk walk, then the light trot, then the jog and next comes the running and sprinting! You'll be back on track in no time! Congrats on the weight loss, but I'm MORE impressed with the mindset you have!
  • TexasOFT76
    TexasOFT76 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole- I'm also a former athlete. I was a sloth for too long and have made a few attempts to getting back in the groove and stay fit. Running consistently outdoors has proven difficult because of the impact so I recently joined a gym to do treadmill and elliptical and some weights in due time.
    Used to do races (mostly 5 and 10K's) but it's been a while. Getting back to them is one of my goals that I'm targeting for Feb/March next year. I know it's a process and won't happen overnight so just have to keep at it.
    Best of luck to you as well and let's get back to some racing!
  • nicolem1008
    Options
    Thank you both for the kind words!
  • txsarge17
    txsarge17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey Nicole! I think many of us did just as you. Welcome back! and I'd love to add you as a friend for our mutual encouragement!

Justin
  • AYELLOWROSE17
    Options
    Hi, would like to have you as a friend. You are doing great with your weight loss!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole, great job on your weight loss! Keep up the good work. I'm looking for a few more dedicated friends myself!! Friend request sent :smile:
  • jamesbaird35325
    jamesbaird35325 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job on the 35 lbs, that is inspiring. Keep up the good work! Sending friend request.
  • KL145
    KL145 Posts: 15
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I log in daily and I workout
  • Rosiegordon33
    Rosiegordon33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have just got my A in to G and started back up with MFP.
    Im all for support and motivation so your welcome to add me and hopefully we can help each other out!
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Hi, Nicole. Feel free to add me. I am a runner --not competitive about it-- but I do 4-5 miles a day, and I have started interval training. I log in every day.