Shake replacement ideas

Options
So, I was drinking a protein shake a day, but due to a newfound dairy allergy, I've had to give 'em up. I really miss them for breakfast. THey were so filling and satisfying. Any of you have any non-dairy smoothie recipes that you'd like to share????

Replies

• toberlili
    Options
    i am a shakeology drinker, this stuff is real good and its vegan, it rocks!!! let me know if you want a sample, and i can tell you anything you need to know :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    i drink jay robb egg protein love it all natural and good with unsweeten almond milk vanilla
  • rclarke05
    Options
    OMG Pinkmoon! 177lbs LOST? Great job!!! Thanks for the idea. I've never heard of Jay Robb. Time to google!
  • chessie11
    Options
    Try Shakeology. Either flavor - chocolate or greenberry with almond milk. The greenberry is fantastic with just about any flavor organic juice.
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I take 1 cup of frozen strawberries (or any other fruit), a scoop of protien powder, a cup of soy milk, and blend. Its super filling...mine usually come to around 200 calories.
  • janab4
    janab4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, Shakeology is the way to go...more benefits than simple protein...:love:
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    well maybe if i win the lottery lol just wayyyyy tooooo much and then it not easy to get have to order it. that too much. i'm adhd having hard enough time trying to get to class on time LOL but i do the green foods powder as well i still feel great and in truth after a 177 pounds lost you can't really feel better then that. still trying to find money for clothing (put me on your christmas list)
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    This may be a stupid question, but is soy milk considered a dairy product? I made a berry smoothie today with berries, protein powder, soy milk, and a few other things to add a bit more bounce: 1 Tblsp. sugar-free fat-free Jello Instant pudding mix in Vanilla, and 1 tsp. splenda (the protein powder I use is unflavored). Added a few ice cubes, blended, and it was thick, creamy, and really good.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    ViSalus products are dairy free & gluten free & taste amazing!!
    Check out this website...
    www.rach.bodybyvi.com

I just started taking the protein powder last week & I'm pretty impressed with it. It is the best tasting protein shake I've ever had!
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Oops... Double posted... :)
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    I have to agree, Shakeology is the way to go...more benefits than simple protein...:love:

I've seen a lot of people recommending Shakeology. I seee it's only offered online and only at Team Beachbody's website. It's $119. How long is that supply supposed to last because that's extremely expensive. Plus, I saw something about auto direct mailing. Does that mean they monthly bill you $119 and send you more Shakeology? Because that's extremely expensive. I was interested until I saw the price. :huh:
  • virginiagomes
    virginiagomes Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wao that's expensive!
  • o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It's for a full 30 days. If you think about it, it's $4.00 a meal. I spend more than that on my lunches usually. Or if you become a coach, it's only $3.00 a meal
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    BSN has great shakes. Maybe if you mixed the shake with almond milk instead of regular milk you won't have a problem. I have a friend that is lactose intolerant and he drinks BSN and mixes with water. BSN Lean Dessert has 150 calories per scoop.
  • WhatAWaist
    Options
    USe Almond milk, Soy milk (vanilla flavor for smoothies/shakes) or Rice Milk (RiceDream) All these can be used to replace milk. I too have a dairy issue. I use rice milk(original) for cereal and milk and vanilla soy milk to mkae shakes/smoothies.
  • valeriedent2
    Options
    Isagenix shakes are also a possibility. Gluten and dairy free. Come in Chocolate or Vanilla flavored.

www.isagenix.com

The retail is pretty expensive, so it's worth the investment to enroll as an associate to get the wholesale price. Lots of other great products, too!

They also have meal replacement bars (4 flavors), and a few snack type foods as well.
  • ViSci90
    Options
    I would try the Vi-Shape Nutritional Meal Replacement Shake Mix. It mixes perfectly, no chalkiness and tastes like vanilla cream cake mix so you can mix it with anything. Here are a few good points:

1. A unique, concentrated and absorbable blend of proteins processed to remove fat, lactose, carbohydrates and isoflavones to provide pure, concentrated protein. When mixed with milk or soy milk, we provide 20-22 grams of protein, the right mix to burn fat and build lean muscle.
    2. Low sodium. Lower than other brands!
    3. Contains a serving of whole milk, for bone healthy calcium.
    4. Contains a full serving of fruit or vegetable fiber, without gas.
    5. Contains digestive aids and enzymes, including prebiotic activity for
    maximum nutrition absorption.
    6. Smells and tastes like cake mix! No grit! No metallic aftertaste.
    7. Only 90 caleries per shake...even a deluxe shake with fruit and milk is under 300 caleries.
    8. The price cannot be beat...only $1.87 per shake....no one can come close, not even Shakeology (good product, I don't mean to bash them, but the bottom line is...Vi-Shape simply is a better product....with that said, I am a BeachBody advocate, they have great programs, but when it comes to the shakes, ViSalus Vi-Shape has it beat, sorry guys.)
  • ViSci90
    Options
    As an additional note, so you know what’s in Vi-Shape®?

1. A unique blend of proteins that work quickly and provide long–lasting nutrition to help you burn fat and build lean muscle.
    2. Heart healthy non-GMO soy protein. (No Isoflavones)
    3. Fibersol™, a new patented fiber blend that helps keep you feeling full, providing benefits of fiber without gas that can be caused by other types of fiber.
    4. Aminogen™ to help your body maximize protein and nutrient absorption.
    5. 23 Vitamins and minerals, along with other ingredients that help you burn fat.

This is ideal for anyone in fitness to increase performance and muscle and of course for anyone wanting to lose weight and just get healthy. This is the most versatile and best tasting shake I have ever tried.

(Vi-Shape® is also Kosher)

It flat out works!!!!
  • ViSci90
    Options
    If your looking for an exeptional nutrient rich protein shake that is also low in cost, try the ViSalus Vi-Shape....only $1.87 per shake. It comes in different quanities, so just pick the one that fits your needs. Its perfect for those like youself who want to stay fit and healthy, though it is also a dynamic part of weight loss...its all in how you use it. I can answer any questions you might have. Check out my websites listed in my signature for more info or ask me directly.