Is it dangerous

Options
To work out after consuming more than 3-4 beers ? I like to do pushups sometimes after having a handful-I've never felt any negativel effects from it but I wonder if its an ill advised thing to do.

Replies

• Synchronicity
    Synchronicity Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Your coordination and judgment may be impaired after consuming alcohol... so... you decide
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    It's called drunk exercising. Better than no exercise. Go for it! You may be sore the next morning and can't remember why. :drinker:
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    It just dehydrates you so you may not get as good of a work out.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    To work out after consuming more than 3-4 beers ? I like to do pushups sometimes after having a handful-I've never felt any negativel effects from it but I wonder if its an ill advised thing to do.

Uh, no. Otherwise frats would be filled with corpses.

Push it until you puke.

Besides, a couple hours of drunk sex is a frickin' workout.
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    my husband used to run on the treadmill wile drinking a 40 and smoking.... he is still around, you will be fine
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

Uh, no. Otherwise frats would be filled with corpses.

Push it until you puke.

Besides, a couple hours of drunk sex is a frickin' workout.

:laugh:

I've done drunk push-ups before. Didn't experience any ill effects as far as I know (or at least not that I remember!).
    When practicing the art of drunk exercise, I think it's important just to stay away from sharp objects, high cliffs/ledges, and avoid placing yourself atop flimsy or unbalanced furniture. You know, the basics. :smile:
  • Manda_1986
    Manda_1986 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Eh I don't know about dangerous but for me it just makes me feel sick! Done it once or twice and wouldn't do it again.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    how high up on the cliff are you and how narrow are the roads?
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I've felt fine going to the gym after going to the bar... the only time I regret going to the gym was after jagerbombs and cardio.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    no power lifting while drinking is typically my rule...

that being said.... any story that starts with "here hold my beer" is bound to be a good one.

There is a picture of a drunk girl somewhere in a shorter than short dress at my favorite dining facility- banging out some really piss poor push ups... yes I have pictures.

it happens.

go for it.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    3-4 beers is nothing, you will be fine.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I used to come home from the bar at 2am and go the the gym in my apartment for hours, just running on the treadmill watching reruns of Roseanne LOL. Just don't try drunk swimming. You WILL drown.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    lol stoned drunk exercise those where the days just stay hydrated drink your water in between beers
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Only thing I can think of you might not get a huge fat metabolism burn since you'll be detoxing and metabolizing alcohol, but I could be wrong
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    every time i get a buzz going on i get such a strong urge to go running. its so much more fun. i did slip on gravel once and skinned my knee, so yes. very dangerous.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    There are exercise clubs that tout beer drinking and running/cycling/calisthenics ect. The biggest is Hash House Harriers. It is a nationwide beer drinking, running club.
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    There are exercise clubs that tout beer drinking and running/cycling/calisthenics ect. The biggest is Hash House Harriers. It is a nationwide beer drinking, running club.

As they like to say, they're a group of drinkers with a running problem :glasses:
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    You might steer clear of anything requiring coordination and balance.... wouldn't want to knock yourself or someone else unconscious with a barbell.