New & surrounded by temptation

Options
Hey there! I just started my diet this week, I am hoping to lose 8 lbs so I can fit into all my clothes again! The other day I went to put on a dress I bought about 1 year ago and it didn't fit properly. My first thought was, "This dress is BROKEN" but then I realized it wasn't the dress, it was my fat *kitten* stretching the fabric LOL.

But I have a couple roadblocks.... first of all, my boyfriend keep bringing over greasy food and ice cream. Second, I work in a restaurant/pub and get a meal for free after each shift (!) which is good and bad.

Anyway, wish me luck!

Replies

• sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I just started my diet this week, I am hoping to lose 8 lbs so I can fit into all my clothes again! The other day I went to put on a dress I bought about 1 year ago and it didn't fit properly. My first thought was, "This dress is BROKEN" but then I realized it wasn't the dress, it was my fat *kitten* stretching the fabric LOL.

But I have a couple roadblocks.... first of all, my boyfriend keep bringing over greasy food and ice cream. Second, I work in a restaurant/pub and get a meal for free after each shift (!) which is good and bad.

Anyway, wish me luck!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • turtle
    turtle Posts: 49
    Options
    Good luck! I had the same problem with my boyfriend when I first started trying to lose weight. I ended up having to turn him onto a healthier lifestyle because it was just not happening with his kind of food. The crazy thing is that he's so scrawny even though he eats a good 3,000 calories a day. On the days you work I'd suggest you workout so you won't go over your calorie limit. Anyways, good luck! Best wishes.
  • nelly8807
    nelly8807 Posts: 8
    Options
    Welcome!

How about this for a temptation: I live above a diner, which my parents own and I happen to work in and I ALWAYS get to eat for free in it, lol. So I know just how you feel with the temptation.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support! So far I've lost 4 lbs which puts back at my "comfortable" weight of 121. It is really hard for me to get under 120 pounds but I am determined this time! It might not seem like I have to lose weight, but I am only 5 feet tall and the extra 5 lbs I've put on my hips this past year has made it impossible to get into most of my clothes.

I've made a decision to not eat the free meals at work anymore, because they are usually greasy, and all the "healthy"options they offer taste truly disgusting. So starting this week my new goal is to bring my lunch or dinner with me to work, along with some healthy snacks so I don't end up starving and eating fries with gravy LOL
  • wantedhott101
    Options
    eatint the right thing is hard but you can do it. i work at a pizza hut ande we get anything we want for free. i have been dieting for three weeks now and i have slipped up a few times but dont beat yourself up over just go right back to your diet and everything will be fine.