Be my friend, I've got vodka

Options
Do you like knitting or crafting? Do you have tattoos? Can you converse intelligently about sci-fi television series, fantasy fiction,or zombie movies? Are you a gamer? Do you spend 30 minutes or more a day in the bath tub? If I asked you who your favorite doctor was, would you know how to respond? Do you want to see pictures of what I eat, constantly? Do you wish to debate the merits of Janeway vs. Picard? Are you Canadian? Would you like a vodka lemonade (with stevia, of course)?

If you answered yes to any of these, you should probably be my friend.

Replies

• harleyjax
    harleyjax Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Tennant!!!!!! <3 Although, I had a dream where I was traveling with Matt Smith and there were these huuuuge crocs swimming down streets with random floods in em (think Jumanji haha)
  • alexanderfullmer
    Options
    Doctor WHO (WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION). haha
  • Teeganv85
    Teeganv85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was actually named after Dr Who ;D
  • stackhead
    stackhead Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Vodka lemonade (my drink of choice) and a fantasy book....... Yeah. I'm in.
  • rie_q
    rie_q Posts: 73
    Options
    Do you like knitting or crafting? I'm awful at it, but meh.
    Do you have tattoos? I have one, but I have more planned.
    Can you converse intelligently about sci-fi television series, fantasy fiction,or zombie movies? I am way to emotionally invested in all three.
    Are you a gamer? No. I get frustrated and throw the controller.
    Do you spend 30 minutes or more a day in the bath tub? No, but I do tend to take outrageously long showers.
    If I asked you who your favorite doctor was, would you know how to respond? ECCLESTON <3
    Do you want to see pictures of what I eat, constantly? Yes.
    Do you wish to debate the merits of Janeway vs. Picard? They're both annoying.
    Are you Canadian? Nope.
    Would you like a vodka lemonade (with stevia, of course)? Why would I add lemonade to my vodka?

Do I qualify?
  • maostrom
    maostrom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I knit simple cat blankets for animal shelters. David Tennant but I'm almost always guilty about not watching all the previous series before the new ones. If I could come into an unlimited supply of time and resources I would create a lifestyle where I would always dress in fantasy fiction clothing. D:
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Tennant!!!!!! <3 Although, I had a dream where I was traveling with Matt Smith and there were these huuuuge crocs swimming down streets with random floods in em (think Jumanji haha)

I had the same dream.
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    It's good to see that most people on here realise that Doctor Who isn't as good now as when it was created in 2005.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Its just a better show now than it was 30 years ago.
    Hardly blasphemy.
  • pixiesgreene
    pixiesgreene Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I like to knit and craft. I'm a nerd-ally if not an actual nerd. By which I mean I'm into film including sci-fi and was raised on Trek but I can't play video games. Like I actually can't, I've tried, it's embarrassing.

I lived in Canada once and it was pretty neat. I'd like to go back and take my bf and see more of the place but I can't right now because I'm poor, eh.

We can be friends?
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Do you like knitting or crafting? I knit... scarves. And recently boot cuffs, which turned out well.
    Do you have tattoos? Three.
    Can you converse intelligently about sci-fi television series, fantasy fiction,or zombie movies? LOTR? HP? GOT?
    Are you a gamer? Does Mario Kart once a year count? :embarassed:
    Do you spend 30 minutes or more a day in the bath tub? If I had time everyday, I would.
    If I asked you who your favorite doctor was, would you know how to respond? The Ninth.
    Do you want to see pictures of what I eat, constantly? Yes!!! I've got a culinary degree, actually.
    Do you wish to debate the merits of Janeway vs. Picard? Not a Trekkie.
    Are you Canadian? 'Murica here.
    Would you like a vodka lemonade (with stevia, of course)? Prefer mine with whiskey. Crown, to be exact.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Do I knit?

e1HhN_nnze1gWB0y_tWNgtTuqsZCDK1rsa4wLsneKsM=w367-h640

No tats - still trying to work out what I want and where. (And I've been mulling this one for almost 20 years. Here's hoping one day. Although I did once jokingly suggest that I got a "My wife went to Camden and all I got was this lousy tattoo" tat...)

Does Sims or Discworld count? Or watching other folk play Doom or Skyrim count?!

Don't do baths - I tend to faint in them.

I'm a pervy 6th fancier. There's a few of us around (very few...)

Food is good.

There's *no* debate in Janeway vs. Picard. Seriously. Now if you want to discuss the relative acting talents of Avery Brooke, Michael O'Hare and the second elm on the right, then I'm your gal!

Not Canadian, although I've family over there. I'm British - so either tea or beer, please!

Add me if you wish!
  • 58Rock
    58Rock Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    There is nothing to debate regards Janeway-Picard.
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Svedka and diet Sunkist lemonade! mmmm
  • EnviousLemon
    Options
    I read your post and immediately thought, "Hey, we should be friends!' I like to crochet and love crafting (I made a YouTube video for some Thanksgiving crafts this year). I have 3 tattoos (so far) and plans for MANY more including at least 1/2 sleeve, a large one for my back and one on my entire right leg but I think those will have to wait a while.. I love photos of food - I almost posted one of my Thanksgiving turkey today!

Thanks for the fun post! Can I have a vodka lemonade?
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't knit, I have no idea about the doctor thing or Picard debate but I can pretend while I sip my vodka palmtini in my igloo. Love this post.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I do love to knit and crochet. I am aware of the Janeway-Picard debate, but possess insufficient information to make a decision. I make a mean mojito and I played a hunter in World of Warcraft for eight years solid. I would conduct all of my business from within a pool or hot tub if I could. And I have crocheted my own pair of Captain America-themed handwarmers.

/highfive
  • Pantherfan44
    Options
    Hmm, I can say 2 tattoos and Vodka tonic is my go to LOL. Don't watch sci-fi, not crafty and couldn't be a gamer to save my life (terrible with the whole figuring out the controller thing (I can however kill at Pac-man) have no idea about the Janeway-Picard but Im a master with google so I can look it up if its a deal breaker. Love to take a long hot bath and would kill to own a hot tub :)
  • Jess_Forever_After
    Options
    I'm flattered to see all these replies... you guys are awesome!
  • katieme
    katieme Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The current one will be sad to see him go :( I can only knit scarves and I have a tatto and when I hit goal will get another! Like my Vodke with a squeeze of lime and soda water. My 3 year old has taken over any time I spend in the bath. lets be friends :)