Any Archers?

Options
I was just wondering if there were any archers out there I could talk to? :) I shoot both a recurve bow (my FAVE) and a compound. I'm a target archer and not a hunter, although I will gladly talk with bow hunters too!

Replies

• eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    I shoot a recurve, not as often as I would like, not as good as I would like to be.
  • toberlili
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: you ROCK, girlie!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wahoo - I started archery with a compound bow nine years ago (when I met my husband). I spent two years target shooting and then added hunting. Unfortunately I have not picked up my bow since we moved to Montana - busy having children. But we are done now and I hope to pick it up in the spring!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I shoot a Hoyt Banshee compound. It is the only bow for hunting that will fit my draw length and is effective, none the less. I shoot left handed, though I am right handed normally. I haven't hunted since I had kids, but still love to go on the target shoots. We used to go to one that had targets of fake or decoy animals of all kinds and target shoot. It is a blast.
  • pinkarrow
    Options
    Sorry for the delay in replying, personal issues snuck up on me. Glad I got some replies! :) I've only been shooting for a year now and love it! And I can honestly say that shooting a recurve is my niche! I love my compound but just can't seem to get the accuracy I would like to see with it (and it even has a sight mounted on it). I shoot instinctively with my recurve and do much better for some reason. Maybe using a sight for only 20 yards is not for me, I don't know... Anyways, it's nice to meet you all! :)
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Sorry not an archer but I've always wanted to. :smile:
  • pinkarrow
    Options
    Sorry not an archer but I've always wanted to. :smile:

Well get out there and try it! You'll love it, I guarantee! :)