Finals=Stress Eating

Options
Anyone else having a huge problem with stress eating and finals? Add me and maybe we can motivate each other!!

The eating is making me want to work out more to burn calories leaving me less time to study, which is causing me more stress. That stress me "making" me eat more. CRAZY.

once again add me :)

Replies

• worknprogr3s
    worknprogr3s Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I think I've done a lot of stress eating this semester. After the holidays are over, I plan on getting back in the habit of regularly going to the gym and eating healthier.
  • Healingnutritionsolutions
    Options
    Ummm - yes, finals are killing my great efforts. I need to make it stop...
  • charbear94
    Options
    I have graduated this year, but I know exactly how you feel! Finals could bring on some stress eating, and having pals to motivate you really helps :) I'll send you a friend request!
  • SusieCuteYay
    SusieCuteYay Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ive had eating under stress since i was a child,,,, i dono how to control it,,,,
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Domino's used to get a lot of my money during finals. I remember how hard it was. My school had a tradition called "Food for Finals" where the dorms would buy some kind of junk food for every night of finals.

It's ok to treat yourself sometimes, just not every day!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Admittedly I had to put my weight loss on hold during finals, just so I could concentrate on what I needed to know without trying to crunch calorie numbers and plan meals at the same time.

What DOES help: those party fruit platters from grocery stores. I'd get one of those (like the chopped up apples that come with a cup caramel dip in the middle of the platter) and shove those in my face instead of going to crackers/cookies/Goldfish/etc. I'm a boredom eater (I eat when my hands need something to do or I have no one to talk to in social situations... ugh!), and this REALLY helped me keep on track.

Best luck on your finals! You're almost out!
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    When I get stressed I actually don't eat.
  • joe_d
    joe_d Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When it's hard to change the behavior (in this case, stress eating), my plan B is to make the behavior less damaging to my calorie intake.

Find some filling but low-cal foods for absent minded noshing while studying--e.g, carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, rice cakes. Make these kinds of things your primary snack. I know it'll be hard to avoid the higher calorie things that you'd normally want like pizza, ice cream, etc., but if you've indulged in the things that won't hurt you hopefully you won't eat as much of the big ticket items.

In any case, best of luck with finals! And know that when they're over you'll have more time to get in exercise and focus on your diet.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Stress eating, yes. But mostly I'm having a problem because I was sick last week and I'm really busy this week so I haven't been cooking enough, and eating out always results in a higher calorie intake.
  • CarlingSB
    CarlingSB Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Admittedly I had to put my weight loss on hold during finals, just so I could concentrate on what I needed to know without trying to crunch calorie numbers and plan meals at the same time.

What DOES help: those party fruit platters from grocery stores. I'd get one of those (like the chopped up apples that come with a cup caramel dip in the middle of the platter) and shove those in my face instead of going to crackers/cookies/Goldfish/etc. I'm a boredom eater (I eat when my hands need something to do or I have no one to talk to in social situations... ugh!), and this REALLY helped me keep on track.

Best luck on your finals! You're almost out!

O, I might try that!!
  • CarlingSB
    CarlingSB Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I get stressed I actually don't eat.

I wish I had this issue! no, really just joking. Either one isnt good.

Thanks everyone for the ideas to help!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to download your lessons or study notes to your playlist? Then you could listen to them while you work out.
  • tomspearsix
    tomspearsix Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My biggest issue with finals is eating to stay awake. I will feel sluggish from late night studying, so I will grab a snack to give my body some fuel to stay awake.

That and work and studying it is hard for me to get in the gym :(
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to download your lessons or study notes to your playlist? Then you could listen to them while you work out.

I used to try to read on the elliptical. Highlighting doesn't work out so well when you are bouncing up and down.