I Choose to Lose

Options
Hi started my journey 3 days ago along with ChrisPowell's Choose to Lose 7 day carb cycle. Anyone here tired this before. Next week I will post how much I lost in a week with the program. I am also walking at home 1 mile walk with Leslie Sansone. I'm looking for friends for inspiration & motivation, any age or gender. I'm 43, female, 5'1 and 198 :sad: pounds. Please join me in this jounery, add me if you can relate or even if your not doing the carb cycle I can still use your friendship & support..... thanks:wink:

Replies

• INxFOCUSx2013
    INxFOCUSx2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    :noway: no one here carb cycling?
  • INxFOCUSx2013
    Options
    :noway: no one here carb cycling?
    This will be my last attempt on this post, I can't seem to get an answer or a friend :(
  • Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi! Keep in mind, it is the end of the week/ beginning of the weekend :-), so the amount of people "on" the forums is going to be less. Also, you've targeted a very specific audience, so that will narrow your responses even more. I don't carb cycle because I'm trying to learn how to eat like I'm planning on eating for the rest of my life. I know a few people who have had success, so good luck. You can also try the "Search"/"Group" function and type in "Carb cycling" and see what comes up and friend request those you find there. You're welcome to friend me if you'd like. Hang in there! :-)
  • yuko120
    yuko120 Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm not sure what this carb cycle thingy is, but I'm 31 yrs old, 5ft 1in, 210lb. We seem to have the same body type & goal, so feel free to add me if you like. :smile:
  • INxFOCUSx2013
    Options
    Hi! Keep in mind, it is the end of the week/ beginning of the weekend :-), so the amount of people "on" the forums is going to be less. Also, you've targeted a very specific audience, so that will narrow your responses even more. I don't carb cycle because I'm trying to learn how to eat like I'm planning on eating for the rest of my life. I know a few people who have had success, so good luck. You can also try the "Search"/"Group" function and type in "Carb cycling" and see what comes up and friend request those you find there. You're welcome to friend me if you'd like. Hang in there! :-)
    Hi thanks for the information :) and yes I'd like to add you!
  • ddjjpm
    ddjjpm Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am not doing the carb cycle either but still have some to lose. I am 31 and 5'3''. I started out at 216 in Dec/Jan and am now down to 166. My goal is 140. Feel free to add me also. I am curious about the carb cycle. I have an open diary and log everyday. I don't eat completely clean though. I need to improve on it.
  • INxFOCUSx2013
    Options
    I'm not sure what this carb cycle thingy is, but I'm 31 yrs old, 5ft 1in, 210lb. We seem to have the same body type & goal, so feel free to add me if you like. :smile:
    Hi Carb Cycling is a low/no-carbohydrate diet with intermittent periods of high or moderate carbohydrate consumption essentially you are cycling your carbs to achieve a desired result.
    Thanks for the invite adding you now :)
  • INxFOCUSx2013
    Options
    I am not doing the carb cycle either but still have some to lose. I am 31 and 5'3''. I started out at 216 in Dec/Jan and am now down to 166. My goal is 140. Feel free to add me also. I am curious about the carb cycle. I have an open diary and log everyday. I don't eat completely clean though. I need to improve on it.
    hi perhaps the carb cycling can help you with those last couple of pounds. I'm adding you now and sending you info on carb cycling :)
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have had great success!
  • FitCoachShawn
    FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Welcome to myfitnesspal! Here are a couple links to our support groups and motivational pages! Hope you enjoy!
    https://www.facebook.com/shawn.carrier.399
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14158-lean-on-me
    Shawn
  • INxFOCUSx2013
    Options
    Thank you ShawnAirforce!
  • churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your current success!!! Not doing the carb cycle but would love to encourage you along the way! Sent you a request :)
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have never done the carb cycle thing.... but I could use some friends on here so that we can encourage each other. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • jhwellness
    jhwellness Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Fee free to add me as a supportive MFP friend. The support on this site has really been helpful for me and hopefully it will be for you also.
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've read the book, and loosely follow his program. I've had to modify it due to being a type 2 diabetic. I just can't go as carby on the high carb day as he recommends and maintain normal blood glucose levels.
  • mojommmm
    Options
    I am starting the Choose to Lose plan today. It seems to speak to me and make sense. I hope it is going well for everyone. I will check in again in three weeks. :heart: :happy:
  • mimitjebben
    Options
    I'm not doing the carb cycle thing, but I am a 46 y.o. female. So feel free to add me if you would like. I have lost about 25 pounds over the last year and have about 15 more I'm really struggling to get off so would love the support!!
  • lil22tada
    Options
    Hello. I am not currently doing carb cycling. I have just read his book though and am very interested in it. So far I have used Michael Thurmond's six week body makeover and lost a total of 65lbs. However I still have another 30lbs to go but now I am looking into an eating plan with longevity in mind, Please keep me updated on how this carb cycling works for you. :) Keep up the good work!!
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I choose you, pikachooo!
  • RachelCB1982
    RachelCB1982 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not carb cycling but I did purchase his book and tried it out for a few weeks, I think I just gave up! But I have been using MFP and was working with a trainer at the gym. My sessions are now over and I'm trying to stay motivated to keep going! Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for motivation and different food ideas. Anyone else feel free to add me!