Holy Shnikeys!

Options
I just realized that tomorrow will be 30 days since I have had a cigarette!!! This is the longest I have gone without one, and I DO NOT miss them! I feel so much better without them!

Replies

• Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being smoke free!!! :drinker:
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    WOW, losing weight and quitting cigarettes at the same time must be so hard. Congrats, I'm impressed!:happy:
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!!!!! so proud of you:)
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!! I tried to quit several times and just can't seem to make it more than a day.
  • blel0906
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I am ready to quit as well just want to get a little weight off before I try..Setting it as a goal to accomplish in 2011!
  • Gershwyn
    Options
    Amber, if you would like to quit, search out a book called ALAN CARR'S EASYWAY TO QUIT SMOKING. It worked for me, and everybody I've given the book to. And don't stress out over it -- you can smoke while you read the book.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep it up! :bigsmile:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats.....:smile:
  • maureensm
    maureensm Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! What an achievement!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! It sure has helped me run better. lol
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Nice!
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    so glad you kicked that habit-- Very Proud of You!!!
  • NMay50
    NMay50 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!

I quit last Friday because my friend told me that If I really wanted to run, I'd have to quit. We made a plan... I quit for the weekend, and we'd run the 5K race route that I registered for on Thanksgiving morning. No smoking all weekend, and I ran way better on Monday. I promised myself that I wouldn't smoke at least until after the Thanksgiving day 5K. Today I ran on the treadmill and finally ran for 5 minutes at one time. The most I could do up to last week was 2 minutes.

If I can feel the improvement after less than a week I can only imagine how you feel running after 30 days smoke free!

Congratulations!!!!!
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Great job! You've done the best thing for yourself you could do. You'll find exercise soooo much more bearable (and enjoyable) now, and I speak from experience. Keep up the good work!

PS - I love your signature line about joggers finding the bodies. Too funny!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Great Job!!!

I quit last Friday because my friend told me that If I really wanted to run, I'd have to quit. We made a plan... I quit for the weekend, and we'd run the 5K race route that I registered for on Thanksgiving morning. No smoking all weekend, and I ran way better on Monday. I promised myself that I wouldn't smoke at least until after the Thanksgiving day 5K. Today I ran on the treadmill and finally ran for 5 minutes at one time. The most I could do up to last week was 2 minutes.

If I can feel the improvement after less than a week I can only imagine how you feel running after 30 days smoke free!

Congratulations!!!!!

It is SOOO NUTS how great you feel after not smoking after just a few days! And, when I first started not smoking, I upped my exercise a bit, because I knew I'd probably gain. Guess what? No gain! I'm running a 5K on Thanksgiving as well. Good luck with not smoking and also with the 5K!!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Thanks, millerll. I found that on Facebook status shuffle. It was too good to pass up. hehe
  • snarkyblue
    Options
    :smile: congratulations!!! that's awesome!!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Thank you!
  • nvkatie78
    Options
    Awesome job! It is amazing how much better it is isnt it?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!