Chris Powell - Choose to Lose

Options
lynn9
lynn9 Posts: 19 Member
Hi there! Does anyone one know what the carb counts are for his High Carb Day and Low Carb Day? Also, where to get recipes?

Replies

• paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I read the whole book and, unless I missed it, he never gave a carb count. He did say that most women will be at 1200 calories for their low carb day and 1400-1500 for their high carb day and then 2400 for their free day.

There were definitely not very many recipes in the book.
  • poberla
    poberla Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know about portion sizes. In the book's meal plan it doesn't differentiate between men's and women's portion sizes in the daily meal plan. I'm 4'11" I'm afraid if I eat all that I'll get even fatter than I am.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    A portion size is a portion size regardless of size or gender. It's the number of portions that differ within the calorie allowance.

I will say that I did think his book was lacking in helpful information when it came to diet.
  • poberla
    poberla Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I stuck to the diet for 2 weeks and gained 5 lbs. Had to stop it was driving me nuts.
  • lil22tada
    Options
    If you go to the Christ Powell website and sign up for the news letter then u get a free download of all the food allowed on the plan and at the top it also has how to portion out proteins,carbs, veggies, and fats, etc. Men do get a larger portion/calorie count than women do. He says that a woman should not have less than 1200 calories a day and on your cheat day to add about 1000 calories to that. He doesnt want people to carb count exactly. Just use the portion control. Example: For carbs its a closed fist-size portion. Protein is a palm-sized portion. Veggies (non carb veggies) are two fist-sized portions. Fats are a thumb-sized portion. You don't have to count grams, or get your measuring cups out. Hope this helps. :)