Chris Powell Carb Cycling

Options
I just bought Chris Powell's Choose More, Lose More For Life and I was just wondering if anyone else is trying it, and what you think of it. I am trying to make a positive change in my life and could use some insight and some new friends to start out my journey!

Replies

• JaErb183
    Options
    I just started my first day today! So far so good. I love his positive attitude and how much faith he has in his clients. Good Luck on your journey!
  • lnimmo1971
    lnimmo1971 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Chris Powell's carb cycling on October 27th and feel I'm having more success than I have in the last few years trying other programs. I've lost 11 lbs to date doing the Turbo Cycle. People have noticed and are encouraging me to continue. Some days are tough trying to come up with meal ideas but I fall back on protein drinks when in a pinch. I like the program, especially my treat day but even then I don't go overboard. I'm rereading the book because I probably missed information and want the motivation. I admit I haven't been doing the 9 minute missions for over a week only because I have to get up so early to complete them and then I'm falling asleep at work in the afternoon! I have noticed a change when I don't do them so I will be getting back to them very soon.

I hope you are having success with the program.
  • kj26boys
    kj26boys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Do you find the whole book helpful or just the concept? I want to read the book but was waiting for my library to carry it. I am already familiar with the cycling but didn't know if there was other stuff in the book that helps.
  • sjda123
    sjda123 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been reading everything I can on this over the weekend and really feel that this is a great concept. I love Chris and his family too - seem pretty genuine people. This is day one for me. Good luck everyone.
  • moshi77
    Options
    This is day 2 for me and so far so good. I'm glad that I had 2 snow days off of school so I could prepare meals. Looking forward to the high carb day!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    OUT...he says eat five meals no more no less. I eat six. Must. This was when I googled the website oh well.
  • leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes! I read the book at the end of July and have lost close to 40 pounds since then. I love the program and feel it's something I can follow for life. I just re-read the book too, since I kind of rushed through it the first time. Feel free to friend me - it's awesome having my low carb days together with friends. I've been doing the Classic Cycle. Good luck!
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Do you guys do workouts along with this ?
  • leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes - I workout most days. 9 minute missions (described in the book M-F) and then one hour workouts later in the day. For me those are walks, bike riding, riding the stationary bike, exercise videos, etc.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I want to start the carb cycling diet Choose to lose!
  • lil22tada
    Options
    I have just read his first book on carb cycling. Is the new book a lot of new information or do you think I can start based upon the first book?
  • loywi1
    loywi1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I went to a seminar on Chris's program. you can google him and find the list of foods and how/what to eat. He also sells shakes. I think it's called bode.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with carb cycling. But unless you are super active it's not going to do much, and it is considerably more complicated than just sticking with a consistent plan.

Personally, I would only consider carb cycling after first nailing down a simpler, straight forward plan first.
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm going to research this as well. I'm curious.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with carb cycling. But unless you are super active it's not going to do much, and it is considerably more complicated than just sticking with a consistent plan.

Personally, I would only consider carb cycling after first nailing down a simpler, straight forward plan first.

I agree with this also.
    Don't want to discourage anyone, so if it is working for you and you like it, then keep it up.

But the important thing to remember is that most likely by carb cycling.....you are just accomplishing what needs to be done in general.....take in less calories than needed.

I do LeanGains, form of Intermittent Fasting, so it is a type of carb/calorie cycling.....and I enjoy and it works.
    But the still the basic premise at work behind it is that I am taking in less calories on my rest days......
    But I do take in more calories on my workout days.

Good luck to you all and your goals. :drinker:
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    This is a great diet sunday is a funday eat want you want up to 2700 cal. after low carb mon wed fri 1200 cal. high carb tue thur sat 1500 cal.
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options

I talked to my trainer about carb cycling and she felt like it was a short-term fix. She suggested exercise and watching my macros. Simple and a plan for life.

However, I also am not trying to be discouraging AT ALL. Good luck if you try it!