Anyone doing Insanity

Options
Hi all. I am currently following the Insanity program. I have done one week, but got sick and have had a week off. Today I am starting day 1 all over again. I have friends who are following along with me, which is great motivation, but I can use any and all advice. I have the hardest time with my caloric intake. I was always hungry the first week and I was nauseous while doing the workout. I am 5'3. Last week and for the past 2 years I have weighed 155 lbs, today the scale says 164. I am so disgusted by this as I never gain weight. Only one week off and all of a sudden I gained 8 lbs?? So anyway please anyone who has great advice to follow, I would love the help!! Also if you are doing the insanity program, I would love to add you or you can add me. TIA

Replies

• Luana11368
    Luana11368 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have similar issues and just finished my first week too. I think cooking your meals ahead of time, counting calories, eating a meal two hrs before your workout like lentil soup will help. I also bought a nutribullet and make a shake with spinach, fruit and protein powder. Good luck with the program. Im terrified of the second month but am sure Ill be ready for it by then
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity about this time last year with great results so congrats on getting on the insane wagon! :)

Are you following the nutrition guide?

Feel free to friend me so we can chat!
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am currently following the Insanity program. I have done one week, but got sick and have had a week off. Today I am starting day 1 all over again. I have friends who are following along with me, which is great motivation, but I can use any and all advice. I have the hardest time with my caloric intake. I was always hungry the first week and I was nauseous while doing the workout. I am 5'3. Last week and for the past 2 years I have weighed 155 lbs, today the scale says 164. I am so disgusted by this as I never gain weight. Only one week off and all of a sudden I gained 8 lbs?? So anyway please anyone who has great advice to follow, I would love the help!! Also if you are doing the insanity program, I would love to add you or you can add me. TIA

same thing kind of happned to me, after the first week i got naseuous and dizzy and went to the dr and he said i had vertigo! possibly from all the jumping and i wasnt eating enoguh. i was at 1500 calories, bumped it up to 1800 and now i feel better. i had to take more time off when i got sick or had other engagements. i didnt lose weight (im not done but i am about a week away) but i can def see definition in my stomach, arms, shoulders and back. i love it!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options

same thing kind of happned to me, after the first week i got naseuous and dizzy and went to the dr and he said i had vertigo! possibly from all the jumping and i wasnt eating enoguh. i was at 1500 calories, bumped it up to 1800 and now i feel better. i had to take more time off when i got sick or had other engagements. i didnt lose weight (im not done but i am about a week away) but i can def see definition in my stomach, arms, shoulders and back. i love it!

This is awesome!! Thank you for that. It is hard not knowing how many calories I am burning. I should be getting my HRM shortly. I think I may need to stay around 1800 calories too. I now have a beach body coach who is helping me and I am eating some of the meals from the guide. Did you follow the Insanity Nutrition Guide?
  • KylaDenay
    Options
    I replied to this above lol. I have no idea how to do this quote thing.
  • Luana11368
    Luana11368 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm not following the nutrition guide because I want to stay away from bread. My hr monitor says that I lose between 350-400 calories per workout. I'm on week two..so I try to eat 1500 calories per day to lose 1-2 lbs per week. I weigh my food so I know exactly how many calories I'm taking in and make sure I eat a meal 2 hrs before like lentil soup or chicken and sweet potatoe. It's a hard program but stay with it. You'll find out what works for you.
  • cfredz
    Options

This is awesome!! Thank you for that. It is hard not knowing how many calories I am burning. I should be getting my HRM shortly. I think I may need to stay around 1800 calories too. I now have a beach body coach who is helping me and I am eating some of the meals from the guide. Did you follow the Insanity Nutrition Guide?

I am not following the nutrition guide, i am a pescetarian who is allergic to dairy and gluten (i still eat it sometimes but for the most part stay away) so its kind of impossible.
  • aerieyjaine
    Options
    What's insanity?
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Started again on Monday so Day 3 today :)
  • francri69
    francri69 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, well done for getting onto it.

I am just completing week 4, this is my second time round of doing the whole program. It is hard work but rwally worth while and gives you such a great sense of achievement.

I couple the workout with the 5:2 diet program, i eat pretty much what I want 5 days a week (within reason of-course) and for 2 days a week I only eat about 600 calories, for me Tuesday and Thursday work well for this. Obviously I take into account how many calories I have burned in my workout on those days, so if I have burned 500 then I need to eat around 1100 to have a net intake of 600.

Using this method I have lost a total of 13 kilos 28lbs over a period of 14 weeks and my fitness levels are so much higher than before.

Works for me, so I thought I'd share :-)
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    When you start an intense workout routine, your weight can fluxuate quite a bit. With Insanity, I would see gain, steady, steady, big loss, gain, steady, loss, etc. So don't sweat the scale and just stick with it and do what you can! Good luck.
  • cfredz
    Options

I am just completing week 4, this is my second time round of doing the whole program. It is hard work but rwally worth while and gives you such a great sense of achievement.

I couple the workout with the 5:2 diet program, i eat pretty much what I want 5 days a week (within reason of-course) and for 2 days a week I only eat about 600 calories, for me Tuesday and Thursday work well for this. Obviously I take into account how many calories I have burned in my workout on those days, so if I have burned 500 then I need to eat around 1100 to have a net intake of 600.

Using this method I have lost a total of 13 kilos 28lbs over a period of 14 weeks and my fitness levels are so much higher than before.

You can eat that little and still do insanity? I would pass out
  • francri69
    francri69 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Whilst it is hard, I have found that coupling the 5:2 diet with the Insanity program of workouts gives me significant fitness gains as well as the weight loss that I am seeking. With the reduced calorie intake only being 2 days per week, and not consecutive days, it really isn't very noticeable in terms of energy levels etc.

For me my BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is around 1800 per day, so on my non fasting days (5 days a week) I burn on average 500 calories per day working out, and therefore intake about 2300 calories to maintain my net 1800 calories. On my fasting days I only want to intake 600 net so I intake 1100, burning off 500 in my workout.

Clearly this is an individual approach that works well for me, I use a HRM to track my calorie burn per workout and I do calculate accurately my calorie intake per meal/day etc.

Each one of us needs to understand what works and what doesn't and where necessary should seek professional advice.
  • rbarragato412
    rbarragato412 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of Insanity today. I feel SUPER bloated, gained weight, and have a legitimate panic attack after every workout.

I've noticed if I slowly raised my head like Shaun T says to do, I don't feel as dizzy or nauseous. Yesterday was Cardio Recovery, so that was a nice treat for me.

I downloaded the DVDs so I am not going by the diet plan, instead I am continuing what I have been doing all along. I plan to just weigh myself again the day after the next fit test.

I do feel REALLY good about myself after completing the workout. I look forward to the results and just being able to do these things with a bit more ease.

Stick with it! Let's keep each other motivated!
  • cfredz
    Options

Whilst it is hard, I have found that coupling the 5:2 diet with the Insanity program of workouts gives me significant fitness gains as well as the weight loss that I am seeking. With the reduced calorie intake only being 2 days per week, and not consecutive days, it really isn't very noticeable in terms of energy levels etc.

For me my BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is around 1800 per day, so on my non fasting days (5 days a week) I burn on average 500 calories per day working out, and therefore intake about 2300 calories to maintain my net 1800 calories. On my fasting days I only want to intake 600 net so I intake 1100, burning off 500 in my workout.

Clearly this is an individual approach that works well for me, I use a HRM to track my calorie burn per workout and I do calculate accurately my calorie intake per meal/day etc.

Each one of us needs to understand what works and what doesn't and where necessary should seek professional advice.

Interesting, ive never heard of that. What kinds of foods do you eat on your fasting days?
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options

I was doing 5:2 for a year until I started Insanity. I felt that I wouldn't get enough food doing it as I only ate 500 calories (as a woman) and didn't eat back any exercise calories. I may go back to 5:2 when I finish Insanity in a couple of weeks
  • cfredz
    Options

I was doing 5:2 for a year until I started Insanity. I felt that I wouldn't get enough food doing it as I only ate 500 calories (as a woman) and didn't eat back any exercise calories. I may go back to 5:2 when I finish Insanity in a couple of weeks

I think she was eating her exercise cal on her fasting days? she said she intook 1100 burned 500 and that equals 600 net. Still not sure if i could do Insanity on that little food. i am still always hungry at 1800!!! lol
  • KylaDenay
    Options
    Started again on Monday so Day 3 today :)

Yay good for you! Its so exciting!
  • KylaDenay
    Options
    What's insanity?

It is the Beachbody workout program by Shaun T. A 10 disc 60 day program. The hardest workout I have ever done in my life!!!
  • KylaDenay
    Options
    Thanks everyone for some advice. I should be getting my HRM any day now to really know how many calories I am burning per workout. I am noticing my stomach going down and I am not bloated anymore. I am getting very light headed, a bit nauseous and sick with headaches toward mid or end day :(...I do not think that I am eating enough. I ate around 1500 to 1600 calories past week and feeling light headed. I made a protein shake in the evening yesterday to up my calories and it actually made me feel better. So I am now upping my intake to about 1700 to 1900. That is what the nutrition guide tells me I should be eating. I am following my own diet. You are welcome to friend me and we can do it together!!