Determined to do it this time!

Options
Hi Everyone,

I set up my profile months ago, then didn't look at it again. I had been doing slimming world, and lost 28lbs on it, but its taken me 18months and lots of tears. Discovered the my fitness pal app, and woke my profile up again last month and have tracked my food intake ever since. Really want to lose this weight, am determined its going to be gone this time. I have another 28lbs minimum to lose and want to do it as quickly and safely as possible.
Was struggling with slimming world, as I have IBS, and some days fruit can trigger really bad attacks, as do to many carbs like white bread, pasta etc. Plus I have a bit of an intolerance to dairy.
Since having my son, 15 yrs ago (cant call it baby weight anymore), I have had issues with my weight - to be fair on myself most stemming from an abusive ex husband. But I am in a good place now and long rid of him (7yrs) and want to drop this last pesky bit of weight.

Well that's my life story over, and omg what an essay. Just wanted to join in and get a bit of support when I need it, and help others that might be struggling :)

Replies

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You're stronger than you know. Stick with it and best of luck to you.
  • metalgirl4
    metalgirl4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! Best of luck to you! I joined last year and have been on and off but when I stick with it I always lose weight with MFP!
  • mrsmatheri
    Options
    Hi! I've done Slimming World too and lost weight on it before, but also struggled with it and have just joined MFP - I think it might suit me better, determined to do it as well! Maybe we can help each other!
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that you revived that profile! Good for you! I am also in DEEP ADMIRATION that you said you are DETERMINED! I LOVE IT!!! When a person is TRULY determined, they can't be deterred! My man Og said it like this: "Failure will never overtake me, if my determination to succeed is strong enough!"

Now that you are in the game, play to WIN!