My Little Girl

Options
2»

Replies

• SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Way to be a good role model to your kids and also getting the 1lb weights so she can be a part of you. keep up the good work!
  • kkmalay
    kkmalay Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great idea for a thread. My 11 week old just laughed for the first time yesterday watching me do my ab exercises, and the 2.5 year old loves jumping up and down and shouting back a t Jillian Micheals :)
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    When I go running my 3 year old asks to put on her sneakers and runs with me down our long driveway then waves me off at the end. I love it!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    my kindergarten kid did yoga with me from the television and during one of the poses fell asleep awhile back. we should do more yoga! almost forgot about that. can't beleive how relaxed and yet serious it was.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Yeah. We can say all the words we want until we're blue in the face, but we lead by example:)
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yes - our kids like to be like their mommies and daddies!! Mine love to go golfing, do yoga, go running, go biking...they like to stay busy because we stay busy.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yeah.... my wife started the plank challenge a few weeks ago so I've been doing it with her... it only took one evening for both our kids (3 & 5) to get down on the floor with us, grunting, groaning and heavy panting afterwards... lol They constantly ask "is this good exercise?" when doing a headstand or even kicking their legs in the air... congrats on your success story - aka Non-Scale-Victory!

This is like my two :smile:
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    This may be the best post I've read today!:bigsmile:
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!!
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    This is a different kind of success story...

I only started this 5 weeks ago, but one of the reasons I started was to set a better example for my kids. Well, today is a snow day for us and guess what I caught my six year old doing? Dancing around with my weights in front of the TV - now I truly know how ridiculous I must look to her when I am working out! :blushing:

I told her I was concerned she'd hurt herself with my weights but showed her how to do some bicep curls and promised I'd buy her a pair of 1lb-ers of her own. Oh, and when I went to the fridge for my snack I saw that my picky eater had eaten my pre-portioned grapefruit pieces.

For anyone with kids - they really do what we do, don't they? Anyway, it gave me a real boost to see that my efforts are already starting to pay off.

That's sweet :flowerforyou: I often say that if I do have kids they're coming to the gym with me haha
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    What an awesome thread!

You know what I noticed right away with my kids and felt more than a little guilty over? When I started tracking portions and calories there was no more going back for seconds, or thirds. I was modelling that behaviour! :( Now that I'm not, the kids' seconds have all but disappeared (within reason....sometimes they are hungrier than others)!

Since I started body weight exercises at home my kids love to join in too.....my youngest takes the opportunity to do jumping jacks on my bed when we workout in my bedroom, sometimes I tell them I'm going to do a workout and invite them......sometimes they just pop in when they hear the playlist :)

It's been a little tough with a preteen in the house sometimes, I want to make sure that I'm encouraging healthy body image attitudes and making health and fitness the focus of discussions when questions pop up. My oldest is 9, and asked me a while ago why I was keeping track of calories, do I keep track of her and her sister's etc. I honestly told her that everybody has fat on their bodies, but having too much can be harmful to a person's health. We talked a little about diabetes and heart disease. Also the more I exercise, the stronger and faster I get, and have even more fun playing badminton (my fav sport). So the stronger you get, you'd get faster at swimming and roller skating (her fav sports). Of course I don't track you and your sisters calories.....you're kids! You're still growing and you're both healthy for your ages. We'll keep up the family hikes, eating veggies, walking home from school, having fun in the pool and rink, and you'll stay fit as a fiddle!!!
  • juanpegler
    juanpegler Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    2i7rbpu.jpg2qdwkyf.jpg

Just "Liked" these posts
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Very cute! My 2 and 4 year old were copying my husband doing P90X in the living room! I go to the gym for my exercise, but as soon as they see me getting changed, they're like 'are you gong to the gym mummy?'.

In the Summer they were on the seafront and running between 2 post things, and my son was saying 'we're doing our exercises'.
  • brooklynnchick
    Options
    I am the teacher sending all of you wonderful mamas & papas hugs-n-happy thots!! I'm you glad that YOU are raising the next generation, you and your amazing kids give me great hope!
  • Jamie22184
    Jamie22184 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bumping for all the AWESOME!
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My 2 year old knows when I am leaving or coming back from my run because of how I am dressed. She asks to go 'run' too. She can run nearly continuously (run, walk, play, but mostly run) for about 20 minutes. When she first started I would walk at a slightly elevated pace to keep up with her. Now I'm actually speed walking to keep up!

She also loves to help me 'cook'. She gets spices out, helps me organize things on the plates, and stirs. Then of course she likes to eat it.
  • kmp327
    kmp327 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME. Way to be a role model, your kids will be better off for it!
  • peabean26
    peabean26 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My 4 year old loves to act as my 'personal trainer'! We do workouts with a deck of cards and she loves to flip the card and call out the exercise and the number of reps.

She also loves to do 'her yoga', which basically involves a lot of downward dog and playing with my yoga strap
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    This is great. My nephew is pretty active, but now he'll come into my room and grab my old 3lb weights and do shoulder presses. He grunts and says hes going to get super strong like his daddy and his auntie. So adorable.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My 8 year old son started doing the 30 day shred with me. Of course, he wouldn't take my advice on how to hold the weights or do the moves, but overall it was nice to have a cute little partner. Especially when he'd say "This is EASY!" LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!