Starting again, again....

Options
Hi everybody! So I joined MFP over a year ago and at first it was great and I lost weight woo hoo! Then I slacked off and started again in the new year (2013) and that worked for about a month.... So off and on I've started and stopped and then in May 2 weeks before my birthday my then boyfriend ended our 4 year relationship out of nowhere. So months of being depressed ended with my gaining back all lost weight plus and extra 10lbs! Yikes and ugh!!! Fast forward a few more months and I'm still sitting here going how did I let this happen and NOT going dang girl do something. So I decided to start logging back in on December 1st, no reason to wait for the new year! My Christmas gift to myself if you will. So far I've knocked out 10 days lost 2lbs and gained them back already. So today is the day. First workout in months-check. Thrown out junk food-check. Admitting my failure publicly-double check. :-) :-)

Replies

• airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!
    :smile:

You have the right attitude.....keep it going!!
  • badgerdh
    badgerdh Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    welcome back...good luck to you.
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :flowerforyou:
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Very proud of you!!!! I have also started over and today is DAY ONE!!!!!

Hang in there and remain consistent. That is the key. We WILL do this honey.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Welcome Back. You can do this! Admitting the problem is always the first step. Kudos to throwing out the junk food. I all too often confuse my mouth and the trash can if I have "junk food" (maybe I should just say "not so healthy for me" food) around.
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I have been on and off for a while too. After a recent cardiac scare I'm doing this as a gift to myself too. Add me as a friend if you like. I need to get things back in control too.
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm - Winston Churchill" This quote has helped get through some similar times. Hope it helps! :flowerforyou:
  • superdeedooper
    superdeedooper Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm starting over again and today is Day Two. "YAY" for not giving up!!!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Good for you for coming back... me... I started all of this back in 2008 before my wedding and got within 3lbs of my goal when my weightloss stalled and I got tired of working so hard with no results... so I stopped using MFP and gained it all back... and I've come and go a few times since then as well. It happens... that's life... but atleast you came back... so good for you!

Feel free to add me.... its always nice to have people to comment on your status updates and see that your success means something to other people too :) Good luck!
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! This is my third time back as well after gaining almost all my weight back.
  • italianpeddler
    italianpeddler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    welcome back. I started again as of Dec 1st. I headed back to the gym. So I guess most of us are starting over.
    getting back is the hardest thing. I hired a personal trainer for one time a week for a year. He is suppose to give me three workouts a week. I hired a trainer before about 20 years ago and it worked really well I kept the weight off for quite a few years after I finished my sessions with him but then I got pneumonia and ended up in the hospital and it through me off I gained it all back plus some. Been struggling with it ever since but now I am serious again.

I WOuldn't mind buddying up with someone where we can hold each other accountable. If someone is looking for an online buddy to help hold them accountable.
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm also starting over again, again (again, again). This time, I plan to make it a life change. Good luck and feel free to add me. I'm posting and logging every day. You can do this!
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You can do this.
  • armymom5
    armymom5 Posts: 115
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm in the same boat as you. But being here and making the effort to start again is huge! And Inspirational! Feel free to add me.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I completely agree. I am starting again, just like you! Motivating friends is the key to success on this site, that's what I've learned so far. If anyone wants to friend me, feel free!

I eat healthy (for the most part), and I'm trying to exercise 1hr a day 5-6x a week doing the pop pilates videos on blogilates.com and running a mile (when the weather isn't horrific).
  • koolcamper
    koolcamper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I joined about 2 months ago and tracked for one or two days. I did gain back almost all the weight I lost last spring /summer 2012. So I'm going to track my food and keep an eye on my exercise. I've lost and gained 100's over my life. So here goes again. I'm out to lose 5 at a time until my self loathing fades again.
  • saharris1965
    saharris1965 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am new as well. Just looking to by as healthy as I can be! I am loving this website so far. Keeping track of my calories really seems to be keeping me in line. :)
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey, hey!! :drinker:
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Making the decision is your first great step..do this for you!!
  • tiffaniannette
    Options
    Good for you! I see looking through the thread so many people are "starting again". I am also in that same boat...30 days into starting again, I've lost and gained and am still working at it. You can do it!