SUGAR

Options
So today i went over my sugar by -55 !! what the heck !!! the only thing that is "sugary" that i ate was Fit & Active (Aldi) - Reduced Sugar Fruits of the Forest Spread, 0.5 TBSP....

The rest, was fruits and veggies, (btw i didnt know that 3 cups of cabbage has freaken 9 g of sugar)

So i am worried...trying to avoid processed sugars, and stuff, and yet i thought today was a really good day i made great choices, but i am 55 over...should i be worried...is there a difference btween actual processed sugar, and the sugar found in frutis and veggies..

Replies

• missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    a lot of fruits are high in sugar, and so are some veggies...you're probably ok if you are avoiding processed and artificial sugars...
  • sunshine_machine
    Options
    I wouldn't be too worried about that. I tend to do the same thing sometimes, and that's because of the sugar in fruits and stuff. However, the difference between sugar in processed foods and sugar in fruits and veggies is that the first type of sugar is just that: processed. Therefore, it's unhealthy. Sugars in fruits and veggies are naturally occurring and do no harm to you; essentially, it's the "good" kind of sugar. Of course, too much of anything isn't beneficial, but you ate all healthy, so you should be fine! :)
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see your replys. I have been thinking the exact same thing. I haven't been eating what I thought was sugary but my sugar seems to be high all the time. It seems like I can't eat anything that doesn't have a good amount of sugar in it.
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    Being a type 1 diabetic, i know a little about sugar LOL! Sugar/carbs are found in everything you eat, more so in grains, pastas, fruits and simple sugars. it's in juices, there's even tiny bits in veggies and proteins. To me there is a huge difference between processed sugar and natural sugars. i have to have a fairly good amount of carbs/sugars, i just try to load up on the healthier, more natural kinds. hope this helps.
  • GrandmaCarolyn
    Options
    Processed sugars are digested much faster than those naturally occuring in fruits and veggies. If the sugar takes longer to be absorbed then the body uses it more efficiently so less is turned into fat. That is also why it is better to eat many small meals during the day than load up on calories in one or 2 large ones. If the body is overloaded with calories at one time it turns the surplus into fat.
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see your replys. I have been thinking the exact same thing. I haven't been eating what I thought was sugary but my sugar seems to be high all the time. It seems like I can't eat anything that doesn't have a good amount of sugar in it.

Thats exactly how i feel..i mean how can u get it under control when everything has sugar !!!

Thanks for all your replys ! i know the natural sugar is better, so when it gives u a amount of sugar you should have daily, does that exclude the natural type?

I am just working hard to get that sugar# under control but it seems to be high all the time.