ACE diet pills, do they work??

Options

Replies

• LaurLayton
    LaurLayton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started these pills 5 days ago.. I must say I don't ever catch myself snacking I'm not hungry all the time. I stepped on the scale today, I've lost 5 pounds! Yes it does work. And I'm sure if you diet and exercise it will help a lot more. I haven't dieted of exercised while on this because I wanted to see if it worked. And I'm shocked that it actually does!

Good luck!
  • Dar7280
    Dar7280 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I take ACE..and I love them. Probably not the pill that actually makes you loose weight..but they give me the energy to get off my butt and do something..They do have caffeine..but it is a natural caffeine...I was addicted to Mtn. Dew, and I have given it up..I am totally satisfied with my ACE and a bottle of water...And they also help curb my appetite. To each their own..but in my opinion, it's a pretty good investment.
  • glenelliott5872
    glenelliott5872 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Who cares if they work. You need a long term healthy diet not a short term fix. Amphetamines used to be sold as diet tablets in years gone by but I am sure no body would advocate that now. Trust in a long term (life long ) healthy diet and loose the weight slowly.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I.m taking them. Yes they work as long as your willing to eat under your calories and excersize. They work for curbing your appetite and energy making it easier for me to stay under my calorie intake.

how do you know the pills are making you lose and not the fact that your simply eating at a deficit and exercising?

That's what I was thinking! Stop looking for shortcuts people, because there are none.

If you are rolling in dough and have lots of extra money to waste, can I "borrow" (never to be repaid) some money??
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Eating at a deficit causes weight loss. Don't waste your money...
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I have never understood the concept of taking a caffeine pill to give me energy when I have a nice coffeemaker, a good bean grinder and access to high quality whole bean coffee. Delicious.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I was given 4 day sample. It gave me the much needed energy I am lacking. IT Was an awesome appetite suppressor, I would set a timer & eat small amounts of food during the day. I was in the middle of making my son a peanut butter sandwich & the smell of peanut butter repulsed me so bad I had to walk away for a few minutes, it was like being pregnant & having a food aversion to peanut butter.
    Even when I was only drinking water, eating right, following the diet book, exercising, I was missing the energy. I didn't deprive myself of food, just measured food out in portions sizes, I was losing very little weight, but was fighting the hunger & craving. I did this all for a year. I lost a total of 18 lbs.
    Im debating on ordering them. It is a mental thing, food is my drug, just like an alcoholic sometimes needs meds to keep him from drinking. I don't know about the weight loss part, however I saw the person selling ACE & she has lost weight in the 6 months on it, Yes, she is walking 2x a week. The pill wont do it on its own, but it can help & aid in weight loss From what ive seen.
  • LovleeGirl
    Options
    I have been taking 1 pill a day for the past week and I have already lost 8 pounds. I eat whenever I am hungry but I try to make "healthy" food choices and I drink lots and Lots and LOTS of water. I also move around alot and exercised for about 45 minutes twice during that week. I will continue using ACE until I get close to my ideal weight. I am taking ACE for the "appetite control" portion, not the energy. I did not notice a "huge" increase in energy I guess because I am use to having more than that amount of caffine.

Sorry for any typos. Any questions, message me :)
  • mehollaway
    Options
    Yes, they DO work. I have taken them. They help you eat less and gets rid of the junk food cravings. It gives you energy and makes you feel great. It makes me want to eat healthier. I took for a little over a month and lost 12lbs. Then I stopped taking for a few months for financial reasons. I started up again last week. And for those who ask what happens when you stop taking them, NOTHING. I didn't gain my weight back. Who cares if someone wants to take pills to help them loose weight!! Keep your rude comments to yourself! If it helps them want to eat less and exercise so be it. Its none of your business! Some people need a little extra help.
  • tracywintn
    Options
    I don't have experience with ACE but I have taken (and lost 60 lbs) using phentermine. When I was taking the pills I just was not hungry-I had to remind myself to eat so of course I lost weight. The problem with diet pills (IMO) is they fool you into thinking you are doing all the hard work and will be able to maintain that weight loss. Once you stop the pills (for most people) you gain it all back because you haven't learned how to deal with the cravings, emotional eating, fast food etc. It's easy with the pill because you just don't want those fattening foods. I have been counting cals/exercising for 3 months now and I have lost 16.5 lbs. It's so stinking hard to really honestly try and ( trust me I am making major changes in my diet) and only lose one lb a week. But I decided this time I am in it for the long haul. I know it will take me close to a year and a half to lose the weight and I am FINALLY OK with that. I have been on every diet and diet pill imaginable-I really honestly believe the only way to do this is by learning to control your food and get into a regular exercise routine. Until we all do that we are just going to yo yo forever. But I would still LOVE to lose 8 lbs in one week......that is the lure of those dang pills!!!
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    ACE in one pill? I'm inclined to call shenanigans. The E in ACE is/was Ephedra, which is illegal in the US because adults can't read labels and do anything in moderation, so it's very unlikely that whatever pill you have has actual Ephedra in it. It *may* have psuedophedrine (sp?) in it, a chemical kinda-sorta available legally by means that I'm not going to post here, but if it does contain that, I'd be reevaluating how I feel about law enforcement if I were you.

TL;DR: Drugs are bad, Mkay?
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I ended up buying a 60 ct bottle & have been on it maybe a total of 3 weeks. I have not weighed myself, so I don't know if ive lost anything, but has done wonders for suppressing my appetite & Helps to cut my portions in half. I feel a little more energy, Its the New ACE not the original, you can definitely tell the new Ace doesn't have as much caffeine in it, but just enough to make me have the energy to do little things I had no desire to do before taking them. I take one pill a day, its not a magic pill, you have to put work in of course, but it will be my tool/aid in my journey, a "200lb to lose" Journey . I have noticed a change in mood... for the better.

I also want to state that I did go to the heart dr with a friend of mine, who is also morbidly obese, to see what they had to say about ACE. We sat with the dr while he looked it up & said there is nothing in this that would hurt either one of us & that it wouldn't hurt to try it & that it was all natural supplements (of course he put it in medical terms)
  • mewickla
    mewickla Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think it's really sad that a lot of people are throwing all diets pills under one umbrella and bombing them all.

Anyone taking diet pills in the hope it'll magically drop off the weight are highly disillusioned. However, they DO provide you with extra energy while curbing the appetite, so yes, if you are more active and eat less, you will lose weight. That's what losing weight is - more active, less unneeded intake. I think it's time to get off the high horse and realize diet pills for the great tool that they are, especially when utilized correctly.

I loved the ACE pills. I took one or two about every other day and my appetite would be curbed for hours upon hours, although the extra energy did sometimes take a bit to kick in. However, when it did, I could definitely tell the difference. Being a natural supplement, they will effect people in different ways, and be sure to read the label closely, but I do think they are worth a try to see if you personally like them or not.

Diet pills are an excellent tool when used correctly, I honestly can not fathom why so many people are so against them.
  • mewickla
    mewickla Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have never understood the concept of taking a caffeine pill to give me energy when I have a nice coffeemaker, a good bean grinder and access to high quality whole bean coffee. Delicious.

I think it depends on the person. I mean, coffee and energy drinks/shots have absolutely no effect on my body but caffeine pills do wonders for me. I don't know why that is or the science behind it, but I know I can drink a pot of coffee and feel absolutely no effect ... except that I need to run to the bathroom faster, haha!
  • nicole_lynne_2011
    Options
    For me they worked.. I didn't exactly follow the directions I didn't eat with them. I only took one a day which was early in the morning when I started feeling hungry. I had lots of water through out the day and around dinner time when it started to wear off is when I ate. It may or may not been healthy but I was losing 1 pound a day.. The only problem I had with ace was it gave me absolutly NO energy whats so ever it actually made me very tired. I wasn't excercising either until after I stopped taking them.. Thats how they worked for me but i'm sure not the same for everyone all I know is it worked for me and couldn't be more happy with it!! ACE is awesome!!
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    For me they worked.. I didn't exactly follow the directions I didn't eat with them. I only took one a day which was early in the morning when I started feeling hungry. I had lots of water through out the day and around dinner time when it started to wear off is when I ate. It may or may not been healthy but I was losing 1 pound a day.. The only problem I had with ace was it gave me absolutly NO energy whats so ever it actually made me very tired. I wasn't excercising either until after I stopped taking them.. Thats how they worked for me but i'm sure not the same for everyone all I know is it worked for me and couldn't be more happy with it!! ACE is awesome!!

How is any of the above "awesome". You starved yourself thats why you were losing 1llb a day. ACE, like every "magical" diet pill or fad diet just feeds of our insecurities and are need for instant gratification.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

you didn't lose weight because of those stupid pills, you lost weight because you starved yourself.

you had no energy because you were starving yourself.

in other words, you're posting praise for starvation.

if you had replaced those ACE pills with Flintstones chewable vitamins and you'd done everything else exactly the same, you would have had the same results (but with slightly better nutrition). the ACE pills did nothing for you.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/quack-diet-red-flags
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options

you didn't lose weight because of those stupid pills, you lost weight because you starved yourself.

you had no energy because you were starving yourself.

in other words, you're posting praise for starvation.

if you had replaced those ACE pills with Flintstones chewable vitamins and you'd done everything else exactly the same, you would have had the same results (but with slightly better nutrition). the ACE pills did nothing for you.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/quack-diet-red-flags

I could not have said it better myself. She and the OP need to google "placebo effect" also.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    "L'homme ne poursuit que des chimères." Pierre-Simon Laplace

And also,
    3429186-3175621866-India.gif
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    3429186-3175621866-India.gif

GOLD! :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!