Why I came here and never gave up

Options
Last night I was thinking about how my life has changed since I joined MFP in March. I accidently found the site because I was going to attempt the P90x dvd's that my hubby bought. I was looking for advice from other larger women who had done it before. What ended up happening was what I needed to get where I am today. I found a place where I could get support and acceptance. I discovered that accountability is everything and that other people are fighting the same battle. Since joining in March, I have been through a car wreck, my son's spinal surgery and my daughter's mental illness diagnosis. All of which, could have made me forget or give up on my fight to get healthy. I realized that this time is different, I am different.

I didn't finish P90x or the 30 Day Shred, the squat challenge or any other "program". I have gone over calories on many occasions, I've had to restart my logging streak a few times and my diary isn't always pretty. The first five months I gained and lost the same six pounds. Even with all the failures and screw ups I have lost 29 pounds because I haven't given up! I have also learned that I cannot compare my success with someone else. We are all different and I might not lose as much as someone else. I now know that there is no perfect or right way to do this. Try different things until you get results but DON'T GIVE UP!!! If I would have given up after the first five months of super slow progress I wouldn't be here telling a success story.

Believe in yourself and keep going!!

Replies

• AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Good job! This site has made a huge difference for me too...even when I mess up, it's so much easier to get back on track again with MFP to log into.
  • sbz29
    sbz29 Posts: 3
    Options
    Nice post. I think honesty is key. you have to be honest with yourself and you have to stick it out no matter what. in the end look at you! that's a lot to have lost so congrats to you!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Your doing amazing!! You should be proud!!
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Love this. awesome that you're still here...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Love this. awesome that you're still here...

Ditto. Great post.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I love your post! I haven't lost weight but I'm still here trying to figure it out, I have faith it's happening, slowly but surely!
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Thanks you all so much. I would have posted a pic but I can't remember my Photobucket password!!
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Have to agree with others great post!!!
  • dawnhart77
    dawnhart77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That's one of the reasons I've stuck around. It's nice to have people that check in on you and want to see you succeed even when you don't feel like you can!
  • Corissia
    Corissia Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you that was very inspirational because I had lost 12 pounds then things changed when my boyfriend came to town and now I haven't been logging I have gained the weight back and my schedule was kind of thrown off and I am discouraged but I am looking for the motivationwithin myself to get rolling again and to eat healthy and get of this eat anything I want kick. Thank you for sharing your story, I appreciate it.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Amen. Everyone is different and what works for one person may not work for someone else. Nobody's perfect and we all have to fall down and pick ourselves back up. Good for you for going through so much and sticking with it! Good luck with the rest of your weightloss!
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Last night I was thinking about how my life has changed since I joined MFP in March. I accidently found the site because I was going to attempt the P90x dvd's that my hubby bought. I was looking for advice from other larger women who had done it before. What ended up happening was what I needed to get where I am today. I found a place where I could get support and acceptance. I discovered that accountability is everything and that other people are fighting the same battle. Since joining in March, I have been through a car wreck, my son's spinal surgery and my daughter's mental illness diagnosis. All of which, could have made me forget or give up on my fight to get healthy. I realized that this time is different, I am different.

I didn't finish P90x or the 30 Day Shred, the squat challenge or any other "program". I have gone over calories on many occasions, I've had to restart my logging streak a few times and my diary isn't always pretty. The first five months I gained and lost the same six pounds. Even with all the failures and screw ups I have lost 29 pounds because I haven't given up! I have also learned that I cannot compare my success with someone else. We are all different and I might not lose as much as someone else. I now know that there is no perfect or right way to do this. Try different things until you get results but DON'T GIVE UP!!! If I would have given up after the first five months of super slow progress I wouldn't be here telling a success story.

Believe in yourself and keep going!!

Hope this works!!

[img]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/sweetaries75/Mobile Uploads/0e8095ac-7a65-4668-863e-2033d4e553f3.png[/img]
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Thank you that was very inspirational because I had lost 12 pounds then things changed when my boyfriend came to town and now I haven't been logging I have gained the weight back and my schedule was kind of thrown off and I am discouraged but I am looking for the motivationwithin myself to get rolling again and to eat healthy and get of this eat anything I want kick. Thank you for sharing your story, I appreciate it.

You can get back on track!!! Don't give up. My hubby loves to eat and we have always enjoyed eating together so I've had to learn to eat less and say no a lot!! Hang in there, you got this!!!
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Your doing amazing!! You should be proud!!

Having the best MFP friends like you keeps me going ♥
  • shoing
    shoing Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    April, Congratulations on what you have accomplished so far and where you are going. My prayers are with you for you and your children and all you are going through. Always know you have plenty of friends here at MFP to talk and vent with. If you ever need someone to talk to drop me a line.
    I always feel that things happen for a reason and finding MFP was sure a blessing for me and sounds like it was for you too. I found out about this site through a teacher at school. She has since stopped logging in but I have stuck with it faithfully and lost over 25lbs. in 112 days. You have to get in the right mind set to start this and stick with it. I have made a life choice that I plan on sticking with this time. You Go Girl! and Keep Up The Good Work! CHEERS!!!:drinker: Happy Logging and Happy Holidays :drinker:
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    April, Congratulations on what you have accomplished so far and where you are going. My prayers are with you for you and your children and all you are going through. Always know you have plenty of friends here at MFP to talk and vent with. If you ever need someone to talk to drop me a line.
    I always feel that things happen for a reason and finding MFP was sure a blessing for me and sounds like it was for you too. I found out about this site through a teacher at school. She has since stopped logging in but I have stuck with it faithfully and lost over 25lbs. in 112 days. You have to get in the right mind set to start this and stick with it. I have made a life choice that I plan on sticking with this time. You Go Girl! and Keep Up The Good Work! CHEERS!!!:drinker: Happy Logging and Happy Holidays :drinker:

People like you is why I can't give up!! You inspire me. I am so glad you kept with it like I did :flowerforyou:
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I second the OP's post! I also started in March 13. MFP is marvelous! We could all do this kind of calorie/fitness tracking on our own by looking things up and keeping a written log, but it would be a tremendous amount of work that would probably discourage the majority of people and cause us to quit. MFP came up with an easy way to track ourselves anywhere, anytime, with an up to date data base. The ease of tracking yourself is great! The hardest part is your own determination and dedication. I was gone in a remote location over the summer months and only maintained, but it was great to get back to tracking, right where I left off! As with any website, there are always a few glitches, but over all MFP has created a great site to help people on a mission to improve their health and their lifestyles. A MFP appreciation post, ha ha

And Congrats OP, you are looking good. Happy Holidays.
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    LOVE your comments! Thanks for inspiring me today!
  • Sashasoslim
    Sashasoslim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Very Motivatiing!! Your post helps me remember to compare me to only me!
    #NeverGiveUp
  • fedupfatty86
    fedupfatty86 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are and thank you for reminding me that this isn't a race so I need to stop comparing my journey to others. I absolutely love your attitude and your honesty about your weight loss journey! Congrats to you, you look fabulous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!