Hi new and also have PCOS anyone else?

Options
:ohwell: Hi My doctor told me about this site so I decided to try it. Wonderful that its free. I did loose 30lbs with Weight Watchers which is great but the thought of doing it free makes it all the better. I was wondering if there was anyone else who may have PCOS on here and has this still helped with you?

Replies

• Shan80
    Shan80 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hello!
    I also have PCOS and need to lose the weight. Since joining this site I've done rather well! I joined back in April but never kept with it. But almost 3 weeks ago I started again wth the site and it's helped me SO much!

Are you taking Glucophage/Metformin for your PCOS as well?

Good Luck to you!
  • AmberMcDowell
    Options
    HI I also have PCOS. I have been on this site for a while and LOVE it. I have only lost about 12 pounds but I am in the process of find out why I am not losing more and what I can do to boost my weight lose. Good luck and feel free to ask me and question you want!!
  • liane72uk
    Options
    HI, just been told I have PCOS and waiting to see a consultant to know what to do next. So far I have just been told t have a healthy life style. I have about 2 stone to lose to be my ideal weight. My only confusion is that I only put weight on while I was being treated for my symptoms with contraceptives, before that if anything I was probab;y a little under weight.

Just wondering what people feelings on the weight gain with PCOS are?
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i also was diagnoised with pcos last year. there are actually quite a lot of us on here. pcos makes it easy to gain weight and not so easy to lose. it is important for me to limit my carbs and sugars in order for the weight to come off. feel free to send me a friend request.
    dawn
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I also have PCOS and need to lose the weight. Since joining this site I've done rather well! I joined back in April but never kept with it. But almost 3 weeks ago I started again wth the site and it's helped me SO much!

Are you taking Glucophage/Metformin for your PCOS as well?

Good Luck to you!

I have PCOS as well. I'm on metformin, and that helped me lose my first 20lbs but ever since then, nothing. I just joined this site a week ago, and i really like it. PCOS it really annoying! LOL I've been with my fiance for almost four years and we have not been able to have a baby. It sucks. It all comes down to losing this weight!
  • snoyes
    Options
    I'm new and have PCOS as well. Since my diagnosis in '07 I started on the Metformin, Spironolactone and a progesterone only birth control pill. For the first time ever I started losing weight when I dieted and exercised. As of the end of last year I had lost about 60 lbs. I was going to the gym almost every day and working really hard. I had a death in the family last December and have since gained about 35 back. I have lit a fire in myself to get back on track so I came to this site a few weeks ago. Since then I've lost 6 lbs. So this site can be a big help if you use it. At least that's the case for me.