30 day shred weight gain!?!

Options
I started doing the 30 days shred 5 days ago and its great, i'm still running 5 x 30 mins per week but looking at only losing 1/2 lb this week! Is this normal, i'm a bit shocked. My clothes do feel looser though so it might still be working.

Replies

• stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if people gained weight AND got depressed doing the 30 day shred just by looking and hearing Jillian every single day. Yikes!

Sorry, can't stand her! With someone less annoying, you may actually lose weight!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Could be muscle??
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    If your muscles are sore, you are probably retaining water in them. It's a protection thing. Once you get used to the new exercise, the weight should start coming off pretty quickly.
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hey i did the shred last month and didnt lose anything for the first two weeks then it dropped off at the final two weeks- keep going , dont be disheartened! x
  • ryanmelissa09
    Options
    I just started doing the 30 day shred as well. I am on day three today! I am pretty active and exercise regularly however with my work schedule I needed something I could just come home and jump into. I heard great things about this dvd and hoping that it works. I have noticed Ive actually gained about 1.5 lbs since I started but I am super sore . Im going to keep at it and not give up. Crossing my fingers that it does the job because I only want to tighten up and lose about 5-10lbs. :)
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've just completed day 6 and at the end of it I feel like I could do it again, I think i'll do level 2 on monday as i'm feeling brave.
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    @stella77 - jillian is annoying but I just turn her voice off. If her routine turns my wobble to tone i'll put up with her a bit longer!
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    @stella77 - jillian is annoying but I just turn her voice off. If her routine turns my wobble to tone i'll put up with her a bit longer!

LOL!