1 year—67 lbs Lost/So Much Gained

Options
jmom376
jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
Hi, my name is Pam.. Every year my family goes to St. Augustine Florida for a mini vacation. I remember going last year and being miserable because of my weight and how sick I was always feeling. This year was a completely different experience. I couldn't wait to take our annual holiday picture so I could see the progress I made in a year. I felt so much happier and healthier this year.

Over this past year, I have worked hard to get healthier and lose weight. I have been able to lose 67 lbs so far and plan to lose another 30-40 lbs next year. My advice to anyone trying to lose a large amount of weight is to take one day at a time and do the best you can do that day. Throughout this journey I have focused on each pound, instead of always worrying about the larger goal. Also, be kind and forgiving to yourself. I have not been perfect every day during my journey this last year, but the key for me has been to be persistent and keep on trying each day. I like the fact that every morning the first thing I see when I log into MFP is a blank diary. No matter how bad the day before was, I have a new opportunity to make choices to get me one more step closer to my goals.

Below you will find a couple of before/after pictures

Side by Side picture of 12/2012 vs. 12/2013
2rwkumr.png

Here is another Before picture. 09/2012
2w1tymv.jpg

And another current picture (12/2013)
2nitgeo.jpg

Replies

• sunshinenjjr
    sunshinenjjr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That's quite a transformation. You look great. Keep up the work and you will get to where you want to be. I love to see the success stories on here. They really inspire me.
  • ClaireyDeexx
    ClaireyDeexx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Congrats!! You look so happy! :)
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and what a difference, wow! Congratulations on your success!
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Wonderful beautification ! Grow your hair 3 inches longer- that will be even better :flowerforyou:
  • smithbeck2
    smithbeck2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job!
  • MaryGrace1965
    MaryGrace1965 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! Thank you for sharing your story. Helps to motivate others. Great job.
  • jonmscharff
    jonmscharff Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Pam! You look great, as you know. And it's a good thing to know it. Your hard work and dedication are commendable. I know that you will reach all your goals! I have a long way to go myself, but someday I hope to look at those before pictures too and say, "Wow, I look great!" And you do!
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! It is amazing what you can accomplish if you just tackle one day at a time. I still have a ways to go, but I have faith in myself now that I can get there.
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow, fantastic job! You look great! :)
  • DonnetteWinter
    DonnetteWinter Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Happy 1 year Anniversary Pam!

I am over the moon happy for you and so proud to be one of your MFP friends! :heart:

You are one of my inspirations!! :flowerforyou:

Great photo's!!
  • Arbeidslyst
    Options
    You are an inspiration
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    You look fantastic. Great job!
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Simonino
    Simonino Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look so happy! Congratulations for all your effort so far, you are a true inspiration! I like your motto also! Hugs!
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations you look fabulous :)
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You look so great! Wonderful advice too!
  • allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. You look so much healthier & younger!
  • winsorsmom
    winsorsmom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!!! My family also goes to good ole' St. Augustine every year for vacation, it's such a relaxing and fun little town.

Keep up the good work!!!
  • BrandNewMeBy30
    Options
    You look amazinggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Amazing job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!